Question on creating 8 player games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on creating 8 player games

Howdy folks, i have seen a few scenarios where there are 8 fully functioning playable civilizations. Is there any way to duplicate this in a normal multiplayer game so we could have 8 human players? Or even more?

------------------
    Metalhead Greater Sayen, and all 'round nice guy
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

I hunger with curiousity to hear which scenario this is in, and any ideas how it was done...is this, I'm assuming, in Civ2/FW/MGE gaming, or ToT, or CtP?

-KhanMan of Sayen
    Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
    -KhanMan

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by OzzyKP on 09-22-2000 09:06 PM

Howdy folks, i have seen a few scenarios where there are 8 fully functioning playable civilizations.

Ozzy, it is very interesting
      Where are those scenarios ?
      Could you provide a link ?

------------------
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

well it seems i was wrong about that....

in the Vikings scenario there were 8 civs, but only 7 could be played. The other one was there, but i suppose it acted like barbarians.

but i believe it is possible to do, i just don't know how.

------------------
        Ozzy - King of Heavy Metal
        Ozzy - Leader of the Hungarians in Eurodip I
        Ozzy - Greater Sayen
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

OzzyKP thanks for the answer. I really have no idea on how someone could make the barbarians play as a real civ. I'm currently working on a 8-civ scenario, but I don't overcome that limitation. The barbarians slot will be used by an alien race trying to conquer earth. The aliens wont' be able to negociate or to have money or to discover any new technology. It's the only way I've found to get rid of too many problems.
          My scenario won't be finished until next year. And it should be played on my upcoming maxi (143/229) worldmap.

------------------

Comment

Working...
          X