Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grothgar, Cartography Suggestion.

Hey Gary,

Since you are the resident cartographer for the PBEM's round here, I would like to suggest something to you for you future works.

In making a new scenario recently, I decided to include my own map for it (edited from one of yours) to be used for PBEM's. I came up with one idea, using unit shields over the capital but then improved upon it, I think. This one is busy, but for other games with less countries represented, it'll look more clean and sharp. Just using the flags from the cities.gif on the capitals.

I deleted the one with the shields, but here is the flags version, which i think is better:
    Attached Files

And here is the file of flags that I used. Henrik gave it to me, and he says it is old and he doesnt know who did it.

The filename is 'Myflags'

I think it covers alot of nice ones:
    Attached Files

Comment

Note that the map above isnt perfect. The game map has only the tip of Norway, but if I were to cut that map down to there I would lose Leningrad and Finland, which are in the in-game map.

-FMK.

Comment

Good idea, i think i might do that , in fact that gives me another idea....
        Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

For those scenarios set in the 1419- 1820 period there is a perfect set of flags available from a certain game that spans this course of history You know what is is Mr Klesh But for others i will use the flag idea
          Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Does anyone here use the flag compilations by Misha and Grisha? They are really good and comprehensive and can be found...

Edit: the link doesn't work But I happen to have I think almost all their comps for flags. I will post them.
            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Here it is also their are other more specialized ones like flags of countries' provinces.
              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

forgot it
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey FMK, hows the project you actually made the map for coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by winterfritz
                    Hey FMK, hows the project you actually made the map for coming along?
                    check out the thread wich will be finished first. it was a vote between darth veda's and FMK's, I think both voted for the other person's to be done sooner...

Comment

That thread was about Stalingrad though. This is something else... (oops, there goes the big secret that FMK wasn't actually working on Stalingrad )

Comment

Working...
                      X