Tribe names in Events.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribe names in Events.txt

I'm having problems editing events.txt. None of my events trigger when I specify tribe names. But they work fine when I use the "anybody" parameter. The names of the tribes match those in rules.txt, so the problem shouldn't be there. I'd change everything over to "anybody" except I've heard that it's buggy and gets stuck on the first triggering tribe. Help!!

You've got it right about the anybody parameter.
    For events, the tribe names need to match those entered in the edit king cheat, not rules.txt.
    "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
    --

Comment

They match both, I've even tried changing the names with the cheat menu, and changing them back. Still no luck. The events to stop negotiation seem to work fine, it's just the UnitKilled events that are failing. I've used @DEBUG, and the events parser seems to find no problems (all the units and tribes are found) but the events still fail to trigger

[This message has been edited by PurpleWyrm (edited September 15, 2000).]

Comment

Here we go. I was using flags (hence the INITFLAG), but removed them while I tried to get this unitkilled problem sorted. The text every turn is just to show that the events are working at all

@BEGINEVENTS
        @DEBUG
        @INITFLAG

@IF
        NOSCHISM
        defender=Draconians
        @THEN
        @ENDIF
        @IF
        NOSCHISM
        defender=Brukolak
        @THEN
        @ENDIF

;
        ; Introduction
        ;

@IF
        Turn
        turn=every
        @THEN
        Text
        It works
        EndText
        @ENDIF

;
        ;Make War each turn
        ;

@IF
        Turn
        turn=every
        @THEN
        makeaggression
        who=Draconians
        whom=Brukolak
        @ENDIF
        @IF
        Turn
        turn=every
        @THEN
        makeaggression
        who=Brukolak
        whom=Draconians
        @ENDIF

;
        ;Prevent Negotiation
        ;

@IF
        NEGOTIATION
        talker=Draconians
        talkertype=HumanOrComputer
        listener=Brukolak
        listenertype=HumanOrComputer
        @THEN
        @ENDIF
        @IF
        NEGOTIATION
        talker=Brukolak
        talkertype=HumanOrComputer
        listener=Draconians
        listenertype=HumanOrComputer
        @THEN
        @ENDIF

@IF
        UNITKILLED
        unit=Vudolak
        attacker=Draconians
        defender=Brukolak
        @THEN
        TEXT
        Explanatory text
        ENDTEXT
        @ENDIF

@ENDEVENTS

Comment

Then there must be some other problem. Post a copy of your event here.
          "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
          --

Comment

Uh oh, I didn't know you were using Test of Time. What you show here looks fine. Since you are using ToT and it has advanced unit attributes, maybe it has something to do with the attributes of a Vudolak. I'm only speculating here.
            --

Comment

A suggestion: Edit the rules so the tribe names don't match the events/cheat names. In the events there should be the correct tribe names and the same is for the cheat/edit king name. In the rules change the names to anything (Drac or something).

I don't know if this is going to work but it might be worth a try. In standard Civ2 (not ToT) that's the way I do to get the leaders' titles right. Maybe it works for events to.

Comment

Working...
              X