Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overridden Rules.txt

Howdy!

I am working on a European Scenario with Poland, Russian, Prussia/HRE, Spain, France, Ottoman Empire, and England.

I ran into a problem where the game will not acknowledge any changes manually made in the Rules.txt file. Specifically, the names of various tribes and the titles of the leaders. The rules.txt seems to be overridden by the scn file itself.

I am using Multiplayer Civ II Gold.

Thanks for any input. ;-)

Dzakuju So! Danke! Dzekuje! Merci!
    Gracias! Spasibo! Grazzie! Shokran!
    ------------
    Music Is Neither Good Nor Bad, Right Nor Wrong....Music Just IS.

There is a strange bug in Civ2 regarding costumized leader titles. As you noticed, it doesn't work properly if you change it in the rules.ger as stated in the comment above @LEADERS.
    However, if you exchange the Plural name ("Romans") and the Adjective in the rules.ger [not in the scenario itself!], so the Romans' Adjective is "Romans" and the Plural name is "Roman", the leader titles should be recognized.

I didn't discover it myself, it was Gothmog whose newly moved Civ2 site conveyed me this tip along others (see "Getting leader titles right")

P.S: There is also the possibility of changing this via hex editing, but its too complicated

------------------
    SCDARS
    scenario_feedback@hotmail.com
    Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Thanks. Perhaps I didn't make it totally clear. The MAIN problem is with the identification of the various tribes...changing Babylonians to Poles, Indians to French, etc... to make the participants in the scenario directly relate to the situation.
      Dzakuju So! Danke! Dzekuje! Merci!
      Gracias! Spasibo! Grazzie! Shokran!
      ------------
      Music Is Neither Good Nor Bad, Right Nor Wrong....Music Just IS.

Comment

Use Cheat~Edit King within the game.

------------------
        St. Leo
        http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
        http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
        X