Various speed of settlers transforming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various speed of settlers transforming

I've been playing Redfront 1.4 for a while and seem to note that laborer's and labor brigades seem to transform the land at different speeds.

Both units are identicle except for MV and Firepower with the following stats

laboures Mv=2 Firepower=0 cost = 1
    Labour brigade MV=2 Firepower=1 cost =2

using a later rules file one becomes

Labour brigade mv=4 and it seems to transform very quickly.

My questions is does anybody know what causes one unit to transform faster than another ie is it Mv related? or am I imagining things.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

Units in the engineer slot are allways faster than the ones in the settler slot.

I have a vague suspicion (not tested yet) that engineers base their speed upon thier movement value (2=twice as fast as a settler, etc), while setllers allways take as long to do stuff.
    Either that or engineers are allways twice as fast as settlers no matter what.
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

if you have mge, you can look under the editor drop down menu and in effects editor it talks about base time to change terrain for the engineer. and when you look at the terrain editor menu, it mentions how long it takes to change the terrain. my guess is that the number in the effects window is a mulitplier that makes the engineer wokr faster, but its jsut a guess. its really hard to understand what the effects numbers do

Comment

Yup, I was talking about road/mine/irrigation building above, that thing in the effects only affects the transform command.
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

An example

In RF 1.4 to transform plains to industry +6 shields it reads 20
          The effects editor reads 5 (5) to change terrain for engineers X2 but in the text file it reads 1??

Does that mean it takes 4 turns for one engineer(labour brigade) to transform the above? How about a normal settler how long for it?

I'm sure it takes more than 4 turns for 5 engineeers to do the above.

Is anyone sure how all this works.

Comment

Can anyone confirm this?

As above

Comment

The engineers (settler-class unit in second unit slot) are supposed to transform twice as quickly as the standard settlers.
              I think that relates to the standard code (20 => 2x) in the global effects but I'm not completely sure.
              The movement rate only affects the turn in which the transforming can begin ie: a move =1 unit has to move into a square and then can't start changing terrain until the next turn whereas a move =2 unit can begin in the same turn it moves (assuming terrain move cost = 1 of course).

Comment

Ok that makes sense

thank you. I have just noted that 10 enginners take 2 turns to perform 20 units of a transpformation

Comment

Working...
                X