Unit Name Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Name Question

What happens if you have a two units with the same exact name, which does the events use in the CREATEUNIT action?

------------------
    "We sought to throw a raging lion ashore; what we got was a stranded whale!" -Winston Curchill on the Battle of Anzio

"Quis custodes ipsos custodiet?" -Juvenal

"I can walk!!" -Dr. Strangelove
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

I tried it once, and the scenario crashed after a litle time while playing, so i had to rename units...

------------------
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ Ave atque vale... ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

E-mail? Click goddi_diego@yahoo.com
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

I had no crashes with similar unit names, but my events always used the "first" unit with this name. That means if you have two similar units (lets say named Legion), one in the Warrior slot, the other in the Phalanx slot all my events that are releted to a Legion unit use the one in the Warrior slot...
      Blah

Comment

Well, in Jonicro's Talvota (sp?) he has "machineguns" but one is Finnish and the other is a Russian version and in the events he creates "machineguns", so I'll have to see what's up with it.

------------------
        "We sought to throw a raging lion ashore; what we got was a stranded whale!" -Winston Curchill on the Battle of Anzio

"Quis custodes ipsos custodiet?" -Juvenal

"I can walk!!" -Dr. Strangelove
        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
        X