MGE AI "diplomacy."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGE AI "diplomacy."

I have heard that there is a real difference in the way that the MGE AI and the other (FW, CIC, 2.42) AIs handle it. My MGE AI is too trigger-happy. From the first turn on, somebody sneak attacks somebody else, and it never stops. There are always wars going on between somebody somewhere. It's very rare that there are ever intervals of peace. Almost non-existent.

What is the sum of knowledge on this subject?

I thought seriously about taking an old non-MGE scenario, and just using it as a foundation, reworking virtually everything from the bottom up, just so that the diplomacy will be a bit more restrained. It would be a chore, but not too difficult, as long as the scenario had the right map. Everything could be changed; techs, units, terrain, civs, cities moved and replaced, new graphics.

Now tell me why this won't work.
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

As long as you still play the FW scenario with MGE you will still have the MGE AI.
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

That is what I suspected.

Comment

Exile,
        You've got it right. Having played the same scenario in FW and MGE, the difference is radical. In FW, you can go through an entire scenario at peace with some tribes. In MGE, everyone will attack you.
        "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
        --

Comment

So, Carl, you're saying . . .

That, in order to get a more restrained AI in any given scenario, I would have to go find a copy of FW, and use that CD to play the thing?

And that as long as I play any scenario with my MGE, the AI will always be a super-warmonger?

I might be looking for a copy of FW soon then.

Use my MGE to make 'em, and the FW to play 'em.

Lost in America.

Comment

Get the FW patch, man.

Comment

Use my MGE to make 'em, and the FW to play 'em.

1. FW has the MGE editors, right?

1. FW can't load MGE scens.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

And that's why . . .

it won't work.

I knew it.
                Lost in America.

Comment

Isn't there a patch that makes MGE scenarios playable in FW? I seem to recall seeing something about it when I downloaded the FW and MGE patches myself.

Comment

How does the ToT AI rate in agressiveness vs. the other two?
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

For a couple of reassons, my guess is that ToT is more like MGE. 1. Supposedly MGE was made more aggressive because of the multiplayer aspect. ToT is also multiplayer.
                      2. ToT preserves the 3 point objective bug introduced in MGE. Knowing how programmers work, the ToT engine is probably based directly on MGE not FW.
                      "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                      --

Comment

Working...
                      X