Setting scenario start and ending years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting scenario start and ending years

I'm putting the finishing touchs on my Desert Storm scenario, and when I attempt to set the beginning year under the Scenario Parameters it will not show up on the right where it shows the year, as I have known it to do. I have encountered this problem before, but I don't know what to do. This is in Fantastic Worlds by the way.

------------------
    "Anarchy is the stepping stone to power." -Napoleon Bonoparte

Eternal-

I believe you have to adjust the "turn year increment" as well. If it remains 0 (for default), it overrides your start date and begins the scenario at 4000 B.C.

If anybody knows a way to have the game begin at a different date than 4000 B.C., but still use the default time track (i.e. years/turn get shorter as the game progresses), I'd love to learn it!

Comment

That's how I originally tried it- with monthes- and I don't recall it working then, but I'll try again.

------------------
      "Anarchy is the stepping stone to power." -Napoleon Bonoparte

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by shamrock on 05-29-2000 01:35 PM
        If anybody knows a way to have the game begin at a different date than 4000 B.C., but still use the default time track (i.e. years/turn get shorter as the game progresses), I'd love to learn it!

I'm not sure I understand, but to lop turns off the initial years, you just use 'Cheat' > 'Set Game Year'. A setting of 25 turns will move the counter to 2800 B.C. If you wanted to change the entire timeline (e.g. to monthly periods) that accelerate, you might have to look at hex-editing (a field I can't advise on).

[This message has been edited by Cam (edited May 29, 2000).]

Comment

the changing of the game years is hard coded into the system. Unless you find out through H-editing, there isn't away to change the beginning year of 4000BC. If you do find a way, post it here as alot of people would like to know how its done, if its possible that is.

Civfan.....
          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Tell me what game year you want the scenario to start on and how many days weeks or years you want each agme turn to represent and I'll post the values you need to set.

Comment

Oh and it looks like changing the turn year increment did work. I had thought I had did it, but maybe I'm an idiot. Thanks

Comment

Eternal,
                don't give up! Just post what your concrete plan for the time scale was, and you'll get help.

Cam: you're right, but you should also mention if the year increment remains unchanged, and only the turn is set differently, the starting year of the scenario would depend on the difficulty level selected by the player (as in standard Civ games), which could cause some confusion.
                Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Please note; If the year increment remains unchanged, and only the turn is set differently, the starting year of the scenario would depend on the difficulty level selected by the player (as in standard Civ games), which could cause some confusion.

Thanks SCDARS

Comment

Working...
                  X