No announcement yet.

Yet another Panama Canal event problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Panama Canal event problem.

Ok, after instituting the fix recommended by some helpful folks here, the event I set up to create the American Panama Canal worked. If the Americans take the city, the event creates a text message and removes a terrain square, changing it to ocean. So, then I tried to create another two events subsituting the British and French in place of the Americans. After creating these events, I got the events-error message again when I ran the scenario. I looked at the two new events, and they seem identical with the American event that I copied them from. It may be that the events file is too full though. At any rate, I'll post these two events here so that others can look them over and tell me if I'm missing something. Btw, the American version of this event does work perfectly--the text appears and the terrain changes.

@IF
    CITYTAKEN
    city=Panama
    attacker=French
    defender=Independent nations
    @THEN
    TEXT
    France has fomented a revolution in Panama and recognized the new government within days! Very Quickly, construction begins on a Panama Canal.
    ENDTEXT
    CHANGETERRAIN
    terraintype=10
    maprect
    JUSTONCE
    @ENDIF

IF
    CITYTAKEN
    city=Panama
    attacker=British
    defender=Indepedent nations
    @THEN
    TEXT
    Great Britain has fomented a revolution in Panama and recognized the new government within days! Very quickly, construction begins on a Panama Canal.
    ENDTEXT
    CHANGETERRAIN
    terraintype=10
    maprect
    JUSTONCE
    @ENDIF
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Well for one thing in the British version of the event it says
    defender=Indepedent nations, which is not the same as the French version that says defender=Independent nations.

That would cause an error.

If it's not a spelling problem and to see if the event file is too full, take out 2 other events temporarily and see what happens.
    "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
    --

Comment

Just what I was looking for.

Right you are. And thank you, Carl. It works like a charm now.

Lost in America.

Comment

Bad spelling or too many events?
        "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
        --

Comment

It was just . . .

the bad spelling. After I changed that, I put both events back in and everything worked. I tested it and the Brit and French events worked no problem.

Lost in America.

Comment

Working...
          X