Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Barbarian question

Hello,
    I´m again in trouble with these little Babarians.
    I thought a Barbarian city produce the same unit as the conquering unit of this city. But it seems that they produce - nothing?!
    Ok, I enabled the cheat mode to look into these cities. The right unit is displayed above the shield rows but there are no shields, all rows are empty...
    How can I force these cities to start producing (I use FW)?
    Blah

Hmm...well, it's not something one can directly control I believe. How many cities do the Barbs have? That can be an influence.
    But to be honest I don't think there is much you can do. Use events, as I already wrote you, to create some Barbs from time to time.
    I had the same problem with my last scenario and there was nothing I could do to make them build something.

Tut mir leid Bernd...
    The Lost Geologist Blog
    http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

If you want more barbarians in your scenario why don't you turn on the Barbarian activity level - Raging Hordes or Restless Tribes will do the trick.

Comment

Thank You, Hendrik and William for Your help.
        I´m using events now to create the Barbs.

And Hendrik, Update is on the way...
        Blah

Comment

Might be a little late, but: Barbarian cities act as normal cities. Check the city's map. Does it produce any shields? Use the Cheat mode's city thingy and set "shield progress" (auf Deutsch irgendwas mit Städteproduktion) if you want to have the some shields in the beginning, too.

There is a great tool for playing the Barbarians, which I'm using for my "Darius the Great" scenario right now. I don't have the link handy, but if you want to, I can mail it to you with an explanation (please mail your request).

------------------
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

We who grew up tall and proud
          In the shadow of the mushroom cloud
          Convinced our voices can't be heard
          We just want to scream it louder and louder:
          "What the hell are we fighting for?"
          "Just surrender and it won't hurt at all"
          -Brian May (Queen)
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

BeBro et al - I can heartily recommend Mr. Keenan's The Barbarian Paper which can be read and downloaded from the Scenario League. It provides some excellent Barbarian related design tips. Well done, Sir!
            Be the bid!

Comment

Wow. That's nice. Thanks Sten.

Comment

Yeah, thanks for the tip Sten. I had some questions about Barbs too.
                Visit the Civ/SMAC Seti Teams stats!

Comment

And also thanks by me...
                  Blah

Comment

Working...
                  X