New scenario project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scenario project

After looking over my old files, I've decided to finally get off my butt and create a scenario. Now I just have to decide what I want to make. Right now I have two things in mind:

A. Resident Evil scenario - I said in another post that I wasn't going to work on this for a while, but I lied. I have the sounds done, pretty much all of the units, and enough of a story to hammer out the events. I am having trouble with the terrain graphics, though. This would be a gigantic, story-driven, single-player Test of Time scenario that probably wouldn't be done for a long while.

B. An original sci-fi/fantasy scenario - I have been thinking of this one for a long time. I haven't done anything with it, but it would be easier to make and would be for MGE. I have some of the story done, and I know what I want to call it. The graphics work wouldn't be as demanding as other scenario choice, so this one would probably be quicker to make.

Any comments or suggestions? (Oh, and it should be obvious, but I'm not as much into historical scens as most other people on the boards...)
    "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

I'll vote for the science fiction scenario.

I'm not particularly familiar with the Resident Evil games, but I'd say that it would be very hard to make a Civ 2 scenario based on an action game.
    In contrast, a science fiction scenario would be relativly easy, and IMO there's not enough good sci-fi scenarios.
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Hmmm, i say the science fiction scenario. Although Resident Evil scenario would be interesting!!
      "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

How about a hint for what option "b" is goning to be aboot?

Comment

Originally posted by WarVoid
          How about a hint for what option "b" is goning to be aboot?
          One of the main topics with which it deals is what happens when computers get too smart for their own good and what happens when said computers get "sick." At the end of the game is when these issues come into true focus, but there are a lot of distractions until then, believe you me. Oh, and it has a lot to do with colours and electrical circuits. The events of the most important character in the game mimics the events of the life of escaped slave Josiah Henson. The story is called "Primary Circuit," but that may change for the scenario.

Anyway, I made my decision on what I will do. My intention is to work on the sci-fi scen. I will now slip quietly into the background and do what I will with the scenario.
          "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Oobir
            One of the main topics with which it deals is what happens when computers get too smart for their own good and what happens when said computers get "sick."
            ...so you're expecting Microsoft to survive into the era of quantom computers then
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Why do flashbacks of Tron pop into my head?

Anyhoo, I look forward to seeing the new scen when it's finished.

Comment

A minor update...here's the title.gif.
                Attached Files

Comment

And here's the current collection of units - very incomplete.
                  Attached Files

Comment

i was going to say make a historical scenario based on the poll warvoid made did, but SF is great too!

Comment

Happy Birthday Oobir

Comment

Is it just me or is that attachment not working???

Comment

Case: Thank you

WarVoid: I tried it on 2 computers I don't normally use. It worked on the newer Dell but not on the older IBM Aptiva

Oh, another little update. I said in the first post of this thread that this scenario would be for MGE. That has changed to Test of Time.

Edit: The attachment downloaded on both computers. I forgot to right-click and save the file.

Comment

ToT?!?!

BOOO!!! HISSS!!! DOWN WITH THE HERETIC!!!

Can you tell I dislike ToT format?

Comment

Originally posted by WarVoid
                              ToT?!?!

BOOO!!! HISSS!!! DOWN WITH THE HERETIC!!!

Can you tell I dislike ToT format?
                              Luddite.
                              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                              X