modpack advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modpack advice

I've created a modpack w/a flak unit; 3a, 4d, 2h, 1f, ground movement domain, air superiority role, can attack air units, +100% defense vs. air units. I've got 2 problems: a.) the unit cannot attack air units over water, & b.) once the computer is able to make a fighter w/ > = 4 defense, it won't make the unit, even though defense doubles vs. air. The unit is esp. tough when combined w/SAM's. Giving it defense > 4 makes it unrealistically effective vs. ground attacks. From what I've read I think I'm pretty much SOL w/both these problems, but if anyone thinks otherwise, please drop me a line.

You made it a ground unit, right? Then it can't attack anything that's not on the ground (exc. a helicopter). Make it an air unit with a range of 1. Then it can reach out into the sea, and your fighter problem whould be solved.
    "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
    -OOTS

Comment

I'd kind of like to keep it a ground unit.
      That way it can be airlifted & used to defend fortresses. I tried to make it an air unit but it made transporting it from one city to another ridiculous. I guess I'll reduce the defense strength of the fighters so the computer makes them & just deal w/the fact that it can't attack fighters over water.

Comment

Working...
      X