X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHAPTER LII
    THE FALL OF BABYLON
    Thoth 68 - Isis 67

In Thoth 68 three Lucifers attacked Nimrud. They all were beaten but the defending Lucifer was almost mortally wounded. Stygian Ghost Riders captured Uruk.

Many new buffer villages were built around the Empire. In Nimrud there were small celebrations for Murabi's 15th years rule. Next month the twisted Lucifer was killed in Nimrud. Also Eridu, Nineveh, Pilona and Larsa fell to the enemy, followed soon by Jubriga and Athribis.

For a short time Euphrattis priests managed to liberate Eridu and get half a dozen flying demons and a ghost rider under their control. But they all were soon killed by Stygian Lucifers.

And in Isis 67 Borazjan, Samarra and Babylon fell. Any organised resistance ceased.
    Attached Files

Comment

CHAPTER LIII
      THE FORTRESS OF NIMRUD
      Isis 67 - Re 67

Emperor looked the destruction around him with growing horror. With only a one year his powerful empire has fallen to ruins. Everywhere are wolves and Ghost Riders, demons are flying over burning cities, Lucifers move around destroying all on their way.

Had he ever could foresee this! He would have prepared much better. Now all the hope was waning quickly. Their defence plans were failed one after another because of the unexpectedly fast Stygian advances. Now Babylon has fallen and Stygians threaten to capture Nimrud. Maybe to leave back to Ergili? Ergili province is still the safest place in the Empire. But no! If Nimrud falls then there will be no hope left. Fortress of Nimrud is the only place what they have chance to defend if priests manage to capture more Lucifers. Plengor and Menua understand this too and they are staying here.

In Re 67 Stygians took Amaia, Ashur and Eridu. Amaia was captured by Ghost Legions which were not seen before. Nimrud was now isolated from rest of the Empire. Euphrattis political elite, who were hiding in the fortress, lost any contact with the outer world. There was no escape route left. They had to defend the fortress or die.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Marko,

I still enjoy your story as much as I did before!! Only shame is that you seem doomed...

Maybe bribing back a city you lost could offer you a few lucifers just rehomed to it ? Worth trying...
        Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
        Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
        POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
        LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

CHAPTER LIV
          END OF THE REIGN
          Anubis 67 - Horus 67

In Anubis 67 wise men told to emperor that they had discovered the secret of Divine Intervention. They know now how to design powerful flying Archangels and build a new wonder called Divine Transformation.

"So, this is the road what Vladimir and Marsutan meant we have to go" thought Murabi. "But it is too late now. We have no strenght left. The Stygians have won and the World will be covered with darkness. Only thing what we can do now is to die honorably."

Two months later Ghost Riders broke through weak defences and invaded to the peninsula. Nimrud was captured and nobody in the fortress escaped alive. So ended the rule of Murabi, who was at first sultan and later emperor of Euphrattis.
          Attached Files

Comment

An heroic, but tragic tale. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for using 'Prince of Darkness'. You soldiered on far longer than I could have. BTW, what happened to the Spell of Conflagration?
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
              Hey, Techumseh, do you have any idea of a ToT version of this scenario?
              Sorry LDC, I missed this post somehow. I did a conversion, the same as Marko, but it's not posted. A made for ToT version would have several advantages, not the least of which is underground levels. But, no, I have no plans at the moment.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Murabi was brave, and his feats and miseries particularly enjoyable. I repeat my plea for a ToT version of this scenario. I would like to play it, but I have been unable to "translate" it (the resulting scn crashes Civ when I start). Techumseh, do you have such a version? Or Marko, could you send me the version you used?
                Clash of Civilization team member
                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                  BTW, what happened to the Spell of Conflagration?
                  It was destroyed by Stygians. Marsutan came with the spell to Borazjan and then a warship brought him to the Nimrud Fortress. But the spell was left behind because it could end its turn on warship but the ship can't carry it (the 'ringbearer' effect).

Or Marko, could you send me the version you used?
                  Give me your e-mail address.

Comment

Can you send it to laurent.di.cesare@freesbee.fr ?
                    Thanks in advance. I will tell you how it works for me, though not in as much detail as you did.
                    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I would like to play it, but I have been unable to "translate" it (the resulting scn crashes Civ when I start).
                      Quick question: have you installed Patch 1.1 of the ToT? Without this upgrade converted scenarios will crash. This can be the reason why you can't get it work.

And the final chapter:

Comment

CHAPTER LV
                        EPILOGUE
                        Horus 67 - Re 66

After the fall of Nimrud in Horus 67, Ergili province still continued the fight. The governor of province, Nebut, had made several unsuccessful attempts to liberate Athribis from Stygians. It was reported that many Lucifers had stopped in this city making it very important target. But all priests, who were sent out, were killed before they could reach to Athribis.

By Hathor 67 it was clear that Murabi together with Plengor and Menua had been killed by Stygians. So Nebut decided to declare himself a new sultan. He had no illusions about the future of his sultanate but he decided to take last from the life. So, the inauguration party in Ergili was as great as was possible in underground tunnels below the city.

Three months later the sultan had to move to Dariush Kabir as Ergili fell to Ghost Riders. He narrowly managed to avoid Lucifers surrounding the city. The Ghost Riders followed him closely and sultan had to escape to trading ship which came from Larsa. Nebut ordered the captain to take course to Quinsay colony. The colony was in island and there was hope that Stygians hadn't captured it yet.

The ship didn't reach far. Near the Brimstone island a Lucifer attacked and sank it. The last ruler of Euphrattis had died. Two months later, in Re 66, the brave defenders of Larsa were finally overrun and all the country was now under Stygian rule.

THE END
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have the patch and managed to convert several scenarios, but not this one. Your story was really good, so bad it ends so sadly.

Comment

Thanks to Marko, I managed to play the scenario. Wow! It is great. I thought Marko put lots of fancy stuff in his stories, and Menua and Plengor are cool indeed, but the scenario itself is really a very strong base for a good story. I managed to play one almost nonstop since yesterday (and abandonned in Ptah 70, when my cities were all empty, Marsutan waiting desperately for a ship the good side from the isthmus to carry the spell of deflagration, although I had bribed 2 Lucifers in a city). The scenario is great, although most techs are useless and I never understoof why I was proposed to trade Spell of Obediance and couldn't get it. Not that I know what it would have done. I think it could be even better in ToT, as you could use a second map to be hell. Play on earth, have a single Stygian city on earth to start with but allow teleportation of units from hell through citiy improvements... Techumseh, what do you think of that idea?
                            I attach a log that I wrote during the game. It is far from Marko's story in quality, but tells of what I did. I don't know whether I will retry on Prince or on King (Prince! I usually play Deity!)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Your log is very fun to read!

Comment

Yes it is! BTW, what level were you playing on? Since you were apparently able to defend the Great Library at Tugalette, the Stygians didn't get Summoning via that short cut. So their tech rate must have been pretty high.

This is from the scenario readme:
                                Do NOT play at Deity level. The Stygians rate of technological advance is simply too great at that level. They will discover Summoning before it is physicaly possible to complete the various tasks making up the quest. I don't know if it is even possible to win at Emperor level. I recommend Prince, or King if you want a real challenge.
                                I've certainly considered a ToT version. The extra scenario tools could greatly increase the variety and complexity of the quest. Using FOUR maps would allow 3D underground mazes to be built into various parts of the quest.

I have other stuff on my plate right now, plus a sizable queue of unfinished ToT scenarios. But if you wanted to take on such a project, I'd be happy to be an advisor. Perhaps Marko might also be interested?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                                X