Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMK's New 2194 PBEM

Let's get one started!

I'd like to play as the Americans, but am willing to play as anyone.

Japanese
    Germans
    Neutrals----AI
    Americans-Pap
    British
    Chinese
    Soviets

Nice to see some interest already! A note... the Chinese are to be AI controlled only.

I am playing as the Soviets in another version of this, so I want to be a different civ. Anyone will do, I dont have a preference. I will be the last one that no one wants.... minus the soviets.

-FMK.

Comment

Germans please! I guess this means that the other one is scrapped the pap?
      "The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity." - Anonymous
      "I must confess, I was born at a very early age." - Groucho Marx
      "Time is the best teacher. Unfortunatley, it kills all it's pupils." -Hector-Luis Berloiz

Comment

Mordheim,
        I was planning on playing in both, but it is up to you if you want to scrap it.

Pap

Comment

I'll take British.

Comment

I'll take the Communists.
            Re-elect Bush!

Comment

I will take the Germans.
              "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Well, let's get this started then...
                FMK, I believe it is up to you to start us off.

Japanese-----FMK
                Germany------Jimmywax
                Neutrals------AI
                Americans----Pap
                British---------Marko
                Chinese-------AI
                Soviets--------Magyar

Booyah!

Pap

Comment

Houston we have a problem

I think Mordheim put his bid for the Germans in before mine. If he wants them I will step aside, or is he only playing in the other PBEM?
                  "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                  "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Jimmy, take the Japanese my friend! I dont know if you want to start yet as more problems have come to light here. I will work on them today here to try to aleviate some of the issues. I dont mind sitting out on this one because I am involved in another PBEM of this, so its no problem. If you want 'em, you got 'em.

-FMK.

Comment

I do wish to play in this pbem, but if you want the Germans you can have them . FMK, if you really want to give up your place for someone else then i'll have the Jap's and let jimmy get his first choice. But only if you don't want to play yourself, it is your scenario .
                      "Time is the best teacher. Unfortunatley, it kills all it's pupils." -Hector-Luis Berloiz

Comment

Yeah man, really, its ok. It not my scen, it's Nemo's.... This is our vesion... everyone that plays it as a PBEM. I am just the vehicle that helps this version come into being.

I have been all up in this scen for 2 weeks now, so I really dont mind letting you all have a game of it. And Jimmy gave me 2 great units for it, so he needs some props too.

Why dont ya take the Japanese, and Jimmy'll get the Germans. I'll be watching closely to make sure things go 'somewhat' smoothly.

-FMK.

Comment

Originally posted by mordhiem
                          I do wish to play in this pbem, but if you want the Germans you can have them . FMK, if you really want to give up your place for someone else then i'll have the Jap's and let jimmy get his first choice. But only if you don't want to play yourself, it is your scenario .
                          Sounds like a plan to me. You guys are both gentleman and scholars.
                          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Tora! Tora! Tora!

TORA! TORA! TORA!

Selection of Headlines from December issues of Mainichi Daily News

Japanese Strike Pearl Harbour

Yesterday morning of Sunday, December the 7th hundereds of brave Japanese pilots took part in a stunningly successful attack on Pearl Harbour, masterminded by Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto. The entire fleet at anchor was decimated by no less than 355 carrier based aircraft, it was also reported that all the American fighters were destroyed on the ground.

An American battleship is in flames during the attack (as seen from this Japanese aircraft).

An exclusive report from the eyes of IJN pilot Mitsuo Fuchida --- As the first squadron followed us into a bombing run, there was a huge explosion near our objective. A deep red flame burst up into the sky, followed by soaring dark smoke. Then white smoke to a height of what looked like 3,000 feet. That must be the magazine! A shock like an earthquake went right through our formation and my aircraft shuddered with the force of it. It was the Arizona going up.
                            The USS Arizona after the battle

It is also reported that the island of Midway was attacked inflicting.....

US forces in Manila and Davao surrender!

Japanese marines wade ashore on Luzon island

Our mighty Imperial forces have taken the Phillipines in a masterpiece of warfare. The largest ever amphibious landing in histroy was.....

Japanese troops on Bataan

Operations in China continue

Our glorius Imperial army continues in it's march through the Chineese defences. Just this week the cities of Kaifeng and Kummung, thought to be fortresses of resistance, fell after relative ease. This reporter now wonders where.....

Hong Kong and Singapore Fall! British in total surrender!

Yesterday on the morning of 25th December the garrison at Hong Kong which had promised to 'Fight to the death' capitulated. Also the great city of Singapore fell after a rapid advance by crack Japanese infantry and tanks, expertly assisted by the Japanese Airforce.

Japanese forces advance through Malaysia

The biggest capitulation of British forces ever is a massive blow to the British hopes of.....

More Indonesian cities fall

Ambon and Tarakan fell today after intense fighting. The Japanese Airforce is providing deadly support for ground forces and it is hard to imagine how at the present point the advance can be halted.
                            Japanese infantrymen in action

No-one is daring to predict where the war will go next......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Here is the file, happy gaming
                            Attached Files

Comment

heh, I see that you've found the website I got the title picture for 'The Battle of Australia' from
                              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                              X