Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still looking for a little help

Well, I took out the cities file and changed 'Rome' to 'Balher.'

I then went into the Rules file and changed the name of 'Rome' to 'Balher,' with the adjective, 'Balheri.'

I had previously made sure that my list of Balheri city names did not go beyond the 15-character limit.

I stuck these two files back in their places, and made an attempt to play.

There were great gaps of tribes missing from the list, but the game did greet me with the name I'd chosen for the Balheri leader, told me that I had Irrigation and Roads, and when I carried on, it hung up at that point. No map, no nothing.

So I replaced my old Maps and Rules files and went on to other stuff.

But I know that what I have been trying is possible; what's my problem?

Jim W

My guess is that you were modifying a scenario with an events.txt file. There are likely references to the Romans in the events. Therefore the events file is not parsing causing your game to hang.

Put a @DEBUG in your events file just after the @BEGINEVENTS line. This will cause the parser to write errors to the report.txt file.

Obviously, the way to fix the events is to replace 'Romans' with 'Balheri.'

Comment

Nope. I replaced the City.txt file and the Rules.txt file right there in the Civ II directory.

I tried it again last night, on the guess that I might have put them in the wrong font. This time it worked, though the tribe names were still mashed up, big gaps in the list.

But it ran, though I had to put in names for my cities, it didn't seem to have any list for the Balheri. I'm wondering if I put the Cities file in the wrong font last night.

But it ran, at least far enough for me to get at a couple of goody-huts.

Jim W

Comment

Working...
      X