ZWK PBEM game - Inviting Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZWK PBEM game - Inviting Players

Seems that the S-League is transforming itself into a PBEM forum - I count six or seven PBEM games concurrently. Would anyone, especially Xin Yu, be interested in a ZWK PBEM game? It was afterall made with multi-player in mind.

Countries are:

Axis (Gray)
    Allies (Yellow) - American cities not shown on map.
    Soviets (Light blue)
    Minor Axis (Green) - optional/need to be allied with Axis
    Minor Allies (Blue) - optional/need to be allied with Allies

Independents (Red) - not easy
    Neutrals (Pink) - not easy
    Attached Files
    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

ARRRGGGGHHH its the all conquering blackness!! Its already consumed parts of africa and russia nothing can stop it!!!

Hmm i would be intrested because although it took me ages to get into this scen it was worth it in the end.

However i counted the number of PBEM's that im in and its 4 so i dont really want to add another one to it. Ill stay tuned though. And you want Xin Yu. Boy you must be mad.
    Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Sure, I'd like to try my hand at the minor Allies, if this PBEM Game starts.
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

i wish i had the time to play, but with finals less than two weeks away... not to mention i've never played the scenario so i'd be at a slight disadvantage against a player like xin

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
          i wish i had the time to play, but with finals less than two weeks away... not to mention i've never played the scenario so i'd be at a slight disadvantage against a player like xin
          Playing PBEMs doesn't take much of your time - maybe half an hour or so per week
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

.. not to mention i've never played the scenario so i'd be at a slight disadvantage against a player like xin.

Xin has never played it either although he has PMed me to say that he has downloaded it to try it out. For people who are unfamiliar with ZWK, you can download and check out the review here...

Sure, I'd like to try my hand at the minor Allies, if this PBEM Game starts.

Thanks for coming onboard. Actually ZWK plays well even if there are only three players so I think there is a reasonable chance that it kicks off.

Playing PBEMs doesn't take much of your time - maybe half an hour or so per week

How about you Case? I'm sure we can wait a week for you to get back from your grandparents while other players familiarize themselves with the scenario.

p.s. did you ever get round to trying my Cruel Sea changes?
            This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Ooh... can I be the Axis?
              The strategically impaired,
              -Cal

Comment

Thanks for the invite Kobayashi!

I am none too familiar with this scenario either. Dled it upon its release, and simply havent goten around to getting really into the thick of it. I have a bunch of things going for me right now, graduating college here in december (Woot!), doing up some Stalingrad, and playing in 4 PBEM's myself. But since this is a new one to me, I think i am up for the challenge! I would care to take (green) minor Axis powers, as they have an interesting position on the map. I also want to let some more power-players take the reigns of the more feature Civs.

Now, there has been a few updates to this, correct? I will check that link you provided to make sure my version is the most recent.

Love that map there too! Great idea to devide it all up and include the city names! Well done.

I am in no rush here, so I can wait a bit 'till we get a full roster of players for this. You back from G'mama's yet Casey?

Comment

I might play either the allies, minor axis, or the Russians. Let me download the scenario and play it once or twice to see how it goes.

Comment

Just to summarise, here's the interest we got so far

FMK - Minor Axis

ScottF - Allies, Minor Axis or Soviets

Cal - Axis

Anzac - Minor Allies

Kobi - Soviets? (I can give Soviets to Case / Xin Yu if need be)

now, there has been a few updates to this, correct? I will check that link you provided to make sure my version is the most recent.

Yes there was version 1.0,1.1,1.3 and 2.0R. the last version incorporates the views of everyone who sent in comments.

Let me download the scenario and play it once or twice to see how it goes.
                    Good Idea - the scenario has its own nuances and you need a bit of familiarity to maximize your game.

Comment

i'll take the most powerful one that is left over when Scott F picks,
                      "The Bible is the greatest sales pitch in history" -Me

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto

Comment

Preliminaries

Looks like this PBEM is getting off the ground after all. Everyone make sure you have the latest version if you are not downloading it anew. Axis starts first even though they are not the first tribe. So when Cal is comfortable, he can start and then post the game on this thread.

Might as well set the house/ground rules here first.

1. Negotiation between Humans.
                        AI should not represent humans and you should arrange beforehand what you want to do or trade via e-mail/PM. Note Axis+Soviet and Axis+Allies are not able to negotiate.

2. Negotiation between Humans and AI powers.
                        You must take the tech you are offered and not choose from the list that appears.

3. Carriers
                        Notwithstanding Colonel Doolittle's antics, no bombers can land on carriers. Also, carriers cannot launch torpedoes.

4. Torpedoes
                        These are not to be used on land (they won't work anyway) and should not be fired from a city unless a U-boat is present.

5.Victory Conditions.
                        If either Allies or Minor Allies get Berlin, they win.
                        If Soviets get Berlin, they win.
                        If either Axis and/or Minor Axis hold both London and Moscow at the same time, they win.
                        As for the other 2 powers, depending on who they are alligned with, when their partners win, so do they - they can switch alliegences unlike the Minor Axis and Minor Allies.

6. Only the Axis, Allies and Soviets have their own trees so you should feed your 'minor' partners all your techs. Soviets and Allies can trade techs. You may use whatever units you can build from techs you have traded or stolen.

p.s.

jerkwaterbox, only the neutrals and independents are left so if you are still interested, please state which one you want to be (I suggest independents)

Comment

Version 1.3 is the most up to date, right?
                          -Cal

Comment

edit: double post.

But to make it seem interesting: Did you know Rudolf Hess was the last of the people tried at Nuremburg to die? He died in 1987 at the age of 92! The cause of death was suicide.
                            -Cal

Comment

Some people would argue that the person in Spandau prison was not Rudolf Hess at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X