Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The open letter has been posted!

Here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=32613

If I've made any mistakes or left anyone out, please let me know on this thread. Of course, everyone is encouraged to take an active part in the discussion we hope ensues. Go get em!
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

hmm, it's already fallen of the first page.
    Have you asked to moderator of the Civ 3 forum to 'top' it?
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Or alternatively, top this thread, WarVoid
      Blah

Comment

I guess Markos saw your suggestion, Case. Thanks, Markos!

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Unfortunately gentlemen, it seems as if we aren't getting much attention from Firaxis. Or at least they haven't posted a reply to the letter. Feels good to be ignored huh?

-FMK.

Comment

I suspect that they arn't posting a reply becuase it would go against their marketing campaign. If they posted a reply they would have to
            1. Confront the fact the the game is seriously lacking features
            2. Admit that they're planning an expansion pack

Obviously either admission would harm sales in the short run, so no-one at Firaxis will post [I'm happy to be proved wrong here though ]. I'm 100% sure that Firaxis have read the letter though.
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

did we have the letter emailed? it might make a difference

Comment

I don't think so. Case is right. They won't participate in any discussions where they might not look good. There's no doubt whatsoever that they've read it.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Why are you so sure that Firaxis have actually read the thread and not just looked it over?

Comment

Well, it's the top of the premier Civ3 forum, has over 3500 views in 5 days and is signed by thirty people, plus the fact that several Firaxians have been active in the forums from the start make it a pretty sure bet. But if folks would like me to email it to them as well, I certainly will. I just don't think we should kid ourselves about why they aren't responding.

The lack of a response doesn't mean they haven't got the message, however. I think they have. Response to the game on the forums has generally been mixed, at best. Whether or not they provide what we want will depend more on the potential market for it than anything we say in the letter. But I'm sure the message has been delivered.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I signed it also, but I really think it's a waste of time.
                      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Perhaps I should write it in the second thread, but You can add me to the list;
                        Maciej "The Merciless" Czy¿
                        squonk@poczta.wp.pl
                        scenarios;
                        Fading Lights, Komnenai and one other.
                        Aha. I also demand Polish civilization.
                        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                        Middle East!

Comment

We did hear from Dan from Firaxis on another thread. Mark G has offered to officially forward the letter to Firaxis. I sent it to them by email 2 days ago, but I think Markos has a bit more clout. Hopefully we will get a more or less detailed response soon.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I got the impression from one of Father Beasts posts that he'd sent it to them as well as posting it on Firaxis' own messageboard, so they must at least know about it.

Maybe they're just waiting until they can tell us something concrete? (or maybe I'm being too optimistic again? ).

Comment

Working...
                            X