attention low bandwidth users!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attention low bandwidth users!

Great news. I've moved the Age of Piracy modpack to a server that supports the "resume download" feature for http access. Now if you get disconnected during the download, you can reconnect and resume the download where you left off. The only way you might have any problems with it is if you have an old browser or are connecting through a proxy server (like a corporate firewall). I've tested it out and it works great. I was able to download the entire 11.5 M file in a little under 2 hours over a 56K connection, even though I broke the connection three times and reconnected under a different ip each time. As always, the Age of Piracy modpack can be downloaded from http://www.shayworld.com/games/aop

thats wierd because i have a 56k modem and i downloaded the entire thing in 45mins
    Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

I guess its getting faster as my 56k finished in about 15min.

Incidentally, Shay what exactly are we supposed to do with the password as the link went straight to the dl link after registering?
      I was over halfway through downloading before getting the confirmation e-mail.

[Edit: Nevermind I just noticed the word "unzip" in the e-mail.
      AFTER trying to extract the files first (sigh) ]

Comment

My 28.8k World War 2 modem downloads the scenario in a blazing 5 years 4 hours and too friggin long

Comment

new Sacrificial Blood server

I've also moved Sacrificial Blood to a server which supports the "resume download" feature. Hopefully that will make it easier for those of you who have more narrow bandwidth.

-Shay-

Comment

Working...
          X