Fire and Roses: Civilizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire and Roses: Civilizations

I've come to a couple of problems when selecting the civs for FAR (The 'official' title for my upcoming scenario).
    The scenario deals with the middle east (Iran, Afghanistan, southern Central Asia and to a certain extent, India and Iraq) during the later dark ages (ca. 800/900-1100/1200, not entirely sure about that yet). Let me tell you this will be of certain interest at the present state of the world.
    There were a couple of major empires/states in that area at that time:[*] The Samanids were the keepers of Persian culture, their empire controlled large parts of Central Asia, including Bokhara and Samarqand.[*] The Abbasid Caliphate was but a shadow to the Iranians[*] The Ghaznavids were an up and coming power of turkish descendance and later built an empire extending from Iraq to Delhi.
    Then, there were a couple of minor states in Iran itself:[*] Fars, ruled by the Bujids; they later brought an end to the Abbasids by conquering their capital Baghdad.[*] The Ghurids in today's Afghanistan, keepers of the oriental culture[*] Kerman

I might have Kerman replaced, but by whom? I will include a Hindu civilization, and then I'm asking myself wether or not to include the Seldjuk Turks. Perhaps I should, but I don't know wether I should extend the scale then (I don't want to). What I don't want to include for certain is anything Christian. That would have to be too detailed, and there are several excellent scenarios about that out there.
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

it sounds really interesting, the sassanids are a really misterious empire for me, I´ve seen them a lot of times in maps but i never read anything for them,

this should be an interesting scenario
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Sorry, this is 200 years after the fall of the Sasanid empire
      But you ought to check your mail...
      Follow the masses!

Comment

Nope for Hindus... put in Seldjuk and Qarakhainds. After all, the fight for Iran control was between Seldjuks, Ghaznavids ad qarakhanids, with Samanids in the middle. MHO.
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

I'd really want to include the Hindus. I don't want them to be Barbarian...
          The scenario really isn't that much about northern Iran... it'll take a big spot, but I'd really like to focus on the southern and western parts as well... I might have a solution, though.
          Follow the masses!

Comment

Re: Fire and Roses: Civilizations

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
            [*] The Samanids
            okay, samanids, not sassanids, I have to learn to read
            Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
            Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
            miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Samanids, huh?

The central asian cavalry... from a long time lost Dandanaqan scenario.
              Attached Files
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

Looks good... here are a couple of assorted units from the first draft:
                (This is rawhide, which means there is no guarantee they will really be used)
                Attached Files
                Follow the masses!

Comment

Looks good yours, too. Lemme see if i can find out some maps or something else...

PS any idea about bujids Dailam infantry?

Comment

I have always heard of the daylami of being more of a Ghaznavid unit... I made it available to all players nonetheless (except for the Hindus).
                    Follow the masses!

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                      daylami of being more of a Ghaznavid unit...
                      Daylami? as Ghaznavid unit? Ghulami cavalry was one of their strongholds, for all i knew about it.

Dailam infantry was recruited by Buyids in Northern Iran sciites muslims to serve as skilled infantry. Are you sure they are the same unit? If so...

*"Number Five needs more input..."*

Comment

Ghulami.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X