Cross&Crescent update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross&Crescent update...

Yup, I´m working on it . First i planned to make another new scn, but that is too much work now, because Civ3 will be out soon, so I decided to rework C&C.
    Blah

Here´s the map...
    Attached Files
    Blah

Comment

And some more detailed views...

England...
      Attached Files
      Blah

Comment

France...
        Attached Files
        Blah

Comment

Gemany...

Blah

Comment

Ok, sorry for the post overkill, but due to the size limits I had to split it into parts...

To the game: I will still have Germans, Franks and English as playable civs. There are to Arabic civs, Byzantium, and a "Neutral" or "Christian" civ for the christian parts of Spain, the Balkan, Poland, Russia etc, etc.
            The Seldjuks in the Middle East will be Barbs.

The map is a smaller version of the Imperium Romanum map (less space in the east - Persia is not needed here )

As in the first version, I´ll not simulate all crusades exactly, because it is not only a "crusade" scn. It is more about the developement from the late dark ages to the high middle ages. However, the crusades play their role...
            Timeline is now probably from 955 - 1291 (first version 936 - 1244).

You have more cities than in the first version, but, as in reality, European cities are very small, compared to Arab or Byzantine cities. Also, the terrain in Europe is mainly forest, you have to improve it.

I plan to use three events files generally (not for each playable civs) - this will be the biggest improvement - and one rules file. The techtree will be basically the same as in V.1.0.

All city gfx will be new, a lot of unit gfx too (however, you may know them from my last unit collection). Icons will be mainly the same...

Ideas, comments, suggestions?
            Blah

Comment

why do the units look so huge in the screen shots?

Comment

Because I thought only map screens are not much for a nice preview, so I used my gfx software to place some units there - don´t worry, in the scn they will not be so giant...
                Blah

Comment

I also wondered about the unit sizes

Why no Crusade scenario designer has ever thought of adding a playable Iberian civ? In the time frame of your scenario Castile was quite important, you know

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Bee
                    Why no Crusade scenario designer has ever thought of adding a playable Iberian civ? In the time frame of your scenario Castile was quite important, you know
                    Ah, well, the Spanish weren't even important enough to include in Civ3! Why put them in a scenario?

Those fellows on the map sure do look large... Actually, it's a very good way to spice up the map. I look forward to playing it!
                    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                    intelligence to few.

Comment

Roads you asked me are on the mobe, BeBro!
                      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far, I´ll post updates from time to time

Actually I thought of it But only seven civs is simply not enough

I could make the Arabs only one civ, and include Iberians then, but that would mean a giant, powerful Arab civ - as big as the rest together - I don´t know if it would be good for the balance. Also many units/techs/wonders are the same as in V1.0, so including some special Iberian units or wonders would not be easy.

So in the end I´ll still concentrate on Germany, England, France. I know it isn´t perfect, but the entire scn is not on the same accuracy level as Imperium Romanum. A rise of Rome scn is much easier to make IMO - Rome becomes superpower - the rest goes into decline. Here in the middle ages it is much more difficult - so more things have to be left out...

BTW, shouldn´t Fiera´s "Castile and Aragon" fill this gap?
                        Blah

Comment

Bernd, I think a shot of the map, with units in the correct scale, might be better.

I can't get a feel for the look of the improvments from those shots.
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

1) An extremely powerful Arab civ sounds just right to me on this setting

2) Don't worry about Iberian techs/units, you know where to ask, don't you?

3) About Fiera's scen... better not to ask

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                              Bernd, I think a shot of the map, with units in the correct scale, might be better.
                              I just uploaded the last three pics in standard zoom Please press reload if your browser shows still the old pics

They show some of the new city styles. The units displayed are especially placed for this preview - means that some of them are not available from the beginning on. Also initial city sizes may be changed abit finally.

JayBee, perhaps, I have to think it over...
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X