Picture Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture Search

Does anyone know of a webiste which has lots of photos of the WW2 era Japanese Army?
    I need some for the title of 'Battle of Australia' (which is 99.99% complete)
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Finally I can partially return the favor ....
    http://earthstation1.simplenet.com/Japan_WWII.html http://webpub.alleg.edu/student/p/paynes/pto.html http://www.nara.gov/nara/nn/nns/ww2photo.html

Hope these help
    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Jimmy, thanks for those links. I was able to get quite a few promising photos.
      Its strange that its so hard to find photos of the Japanese in WW2 on the internet.
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Originally posted by Case
        Its strange that its so hard to find photos of the Japanese in WW2 on the internet.
        I must say that I tried as well and was unsuccessful in getting anything. It is wierd, but the Pacific theatre in general gets less attention than the European. Though on the net there is a place foreverything so I guess there were bound to be a few sites...

-FMK.

Comment

Maybe the Japanese mania for photographing everything only began after 1945

Comment

Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh

I must say that I tried as well and was unsuccessful in getting anything. It is wierd, but the Pacific theatre in general gets less attention than the European. Though on the net there is a place foreverything so I guess there were bound to be a few sites...

-FMK.
              I believe that alot of it has to do with the fact that the japanese didn't use many tanks. Every other site that you find predominately has to do with armoured warfare. You can find pictures of Japanese planes and ships although most of them are static images or displays.
              "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Try these out ...

... There are a buttload of links here.
                "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

...a "buttload" of links?
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                  X