Presenting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presenting...

My new scenario, about the middle ages. The time period is from 1067-early 15th century. The scenario is about Northern Europe only (no Islam at all, no Byzantines). You play as either England, France, the Holy Roman Empire, or the Danish. Your goal is to lead your empire into the Rennaisance, while expanding your cities and conquering territory.

The scenario is about halfway done. It should be finished by November.
    I refute it thus!
    "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Here are some of the units. Tell me what you think:
    Attached Files
    I refute it thus!

Comment

Here is the map.
      Attached Files
      I refute it thus!

Comment

That sounds very interesting, as I have been waiting for such a scenario for a long time (BeBro's Cross&Crescent is good, but focussed rather on the Crusades).
        I'm working on a project somewhat similar, but about the dark ages (ca. 800-1100) in Iran. Good luck!
        Follow the masses!
        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

I'm happy with any new Medieval scenario,
          however, if You darew to leave the Pomeranian cities
          (at least Szczecin/Wolin) in German hands, as I see You do,
          You'll be in serious troubles...
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
            I'm happy with any new Medieval scenario,
            however, if You darew to leave the Pomeranian cities
            (at least Szczecin/Wolin) in German hands, as I see You do,
            You'll be in serious troubles...
            I noticed that. I'm taking them out next revision, maybe adding
            civ(s) for the Eastern Europeans...

Edit: just checked my sources. The map ends at the Oder, and Stettin was under German control I believe throughout the scen's duration. Wollin is not shown.
            I refute it thus!

Comment

You are wrong. Sorry it took me so long, I have problems with apolyton.

Quality of your resources is low, then. I put it on West-European and American ignorance in Eastern matters. Germans subdued Polabie (lands between Odra/Oder and £aba/Elbe rivers on the north of Bohemia) in IX and X century, but lost it after Slavic revolt (caused by German failure in Basentello battle) and Tongera/Tanger battle, 982. German rule was reestablished after some time in southern, £u¿yce/Lautzen part (with short Polish interval), but northern Polabians, thouse of Lechit group (Poles, Pomeranians, Polabians) remained independant and Wieleci even
              conquered northern Saxons for some time. In great battle of Przec³awa, they crushed Germans, but in the next year, 1057, a civil wore broke out, and half of Wieleci were conquered by Obodrzyci, while second half, after some time, was conquered by Pomorzanie (Pomeranians), supported by
              Poles. The western part of Obodrzyci was conquered by Germans in years 1134-39, the eastern part in years 1160-64. But Meklemburgia (-gen) was continuation of Obodrite reign, as Slavic dinasty,
              though soon Germanised, ruled it up to its end. independant Branibor(bór)/Brenna (today Brandenburg) duchy was under german rule for the first time in year 1150. Rana/Rugia island was conquered by Denmark about year 1168 That's about Polabie. When it comes to Pomerania, represented by Szczecin, before year 1181, when it eventually became German fief (I must note that it was Polish-Pomeranian duchy, not German), before that, it was either independant,
              or Polish, with short intervals of Dunish dominance (shortly before 1181) and being nominal imperial fief in Poland. In another words, all those cities You have there became German over a hungred years later. And I urge You to use historically accurate Polabian names for cities or rivers, not German, not even modern Polish. So not Stettin, but Szczecin. Not Stralsund, but Strza³ów. Not Lubecken (or whatever), not even Lubeka, but Lubica or Bukowiec.
              Middle East!

Comment

In that case, I will change it.

Do you have a source where I can get more info on the subject?
                I refute it thus!

Comment

Good. Obeying me is always the best sollution...

And no, unfortunatelly, I haven't got any internet resource.
                  Just my old books.
                  Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                    Good. Obeying me is always the best sollution...

And no, unfortunatelly, I haven't got any internet resource.
                    Just my old books.
                    It's okay; I found stuff.

I will make them a civ.

I will put them under Despotism; they will be researching Christianity (which they converted to in the 12th century, I have here). What units should they have? Knights?
                    I refute it thus!

Comment

Here is a screenshot. The hills, mountains and trees are from Stefan Hartel's Son Of Heracles scen. The mountains are from (I believe) Jon Petroski's Up The Deadly Boot, the hills from Alba De America, and the the forests from Microprose's Master Of Magic, Jr.

Enjoy!
                      Attached Files
                      I refute it thus!

Comment

It's looking great Goingonit

Did you make the map yourself?
                        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                          It's looking great Goingonit

Did you make the map yourself?
                          No. The map was called "charles5mp" and I dl'ed it from Civ Fanatics. I could not find the author.
                          I refute it thus!

Comment

Just a question but with the grasslands... well so green shouldnt you change the backing of the hills and trees to match this?
                            Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Originally posted by Grothgar
                              Just a question but with the grasslands... well so green shouldnt you change the backing of the hills and trees to match this?
                              I don't think so. In fact, in the original game, the back of the hills/trees isn't the same as the grassland. I like it this way; the grassland has a more "fertile" appearance than the hills and trees, to denote its good food production. The back of the hills/trees is the same as the plains.
                              I refute it thus!

Comment

Working...
                              X