Is there such a unit/mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there such a unit/mod?

I've been away of these boards for quite some time, so excuse me if this question is already answered but is there an aerial transport unit/mod? I wanted it for a scenario I'm building but can't seem to make it work when editing the rules.txt......
    If it ishelpful, I have the FW version.

I do not think that can be done, sorry...

Comment

The closest anyone's come is Capt. Nemo, who discovered that a transport ship, if given the paratroop flag, will carry ground units. It can take off from a city or airfield, land and unload it's units, but of course, once it's landed, can't move. It's still a ship, after all.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

O.K. thanx for the info guys...I guess I'll have to come up with something different to compensate!

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
          The closest anyone's come is Capt. Nemo, who discovered that a transport ship, if given the paratroop flag, will carry ground units. It can take off from a city or airfield, land and unload it's units, but of course, once it's landed, can't move. It's still a ship, after all.
          It can still move if:

1) It lands on a coastal square (the ship can move into the ocean, and will carry units with it)

2) If it lands in a city or on an airbase, it may paradrop again the following turn.

(I'm using this trick for my space shuttle unit in the TOT mod pack I've been messing around with for the last 6 months. It seems to work quite well)
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Thanks Thoth, i'll try that !

Comment

Working...
            X