No announcement yet.

SubWar release...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My theory is proven! September is the month of many releases! Can't wait to play this scenario..... maybe I could try to use my limited French to try and understand the German version!
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

Well, I downloaded it, despite not being able to speak German very well or being in possession of the German version of Civ2.

Needless to say, it doesn`t work.
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Just install Civ2 in German. Then download the scenario and play it from there. You can install it in German you know. (I once had it installed in French to get some practice with that language).
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Would that require having to uninstall the English version and replacing it with the German one?

Anyway, it`s a fairly pointless exercise for two reasons:

1) I can just wait for the English version to come out
          2) I can`t find my Civ2 CD. I`m running it off the ToT CD at the moment.
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Hmm... you'll have a problem there..... did you rename rules.ger into rules.txt? Because IIRC, you could install two copies of civ onto your computer, using the original Civ2 CD and selecting a different destination directory (I refute the word folder)
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

I don't care whatlanguage it is! SubWar is great BeBro! Now you are sending it to us as well, aren't you?
              CFC Official Reviewer

Comment

...and here is the English version...

...under http://www.civ2000.civ2.gamigo.de/english/SubWar.htm

Please read the HTML Help!

And the City Screen is available separately, it is not included in the zips...

For me the most interesting thing to hear is (as always): how is the difficulty - toohard/too easy? I can finish it without much problems, but I know of course exactly what to do...However, any comments are welcome.
                Blah

Comment

Oh, and if anyone wants to host it, feel free to do that.
                  JayBee, if you read this, should I send it via mail, or do you dl it from the site?
                  Blah

Comment

Well, so far this has got to be the best birthday present I've recieved this year..... Good work Bernd!

Edit: Grr..... no time to patch this to ToT......argh......
                    *grumbles about work*

Comment

Er, Bebro? Much as I hate to nitpick (actually this is untrue - its my chief joy in life ), rules.txt and city.txt in the english version seem to be the same as in the german.
                      Opened up rules.txt in SubwarE and saw this at the top of the screen
                      ; ZIVILISATION SPIELDATEN
                      ; Copyright (c) 1995 von MicroProse Software

So either my english isn't what it used to be or thats from the German version.
                      (Or I've moved into that episode of the twilight zone where everybody else starts speaking in another language )

Rest of the scenario looks absolutely fabulous btw

[Edit : . I see what you've done now. Kept the German rules.txt and city.txt and changed all of the in-game names etc to English. I never knew you could do that. Apologies]

Comment

Looks like good graphics

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far

Some players reported some German leftovers in the English version, I´ll correct them later this week and post a small update...
                          Blah

Comment

Great work Bebro as always. Wonderful attention to detail.

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Wow this looks good!

How many years did you put in this, you crazy devoted person?

Comment

Working...
                                X