Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch, Delevent, and Multiple Event Files...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch, Delevent, and Multiple Event Files...

Hello again everybody,

Well I have run out of event space for the first phase of my Stalingrad scen, and I am well into the second. But I am totally unaware of any of this multiple event business. Eventually I plan on bringing some of Nemo's Batch files over to my friend's house and checking them out. The kid is a pc whiz, so I am planning on editing those existing ones in order to accomidate my scen. But untill then, how can I do this manually? I have heard of this delevent file, but don't know what to do with it. Can I just take a delevent from another scenario and put it in my scen's folder?
    What should I do with it? What about the rules files? Maybe others can benefit from this thread too. That is why I made the topic it's own thread.

Thanks,
    -FMK.

Mail Jorrit
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

huh?

Say what?

Comment

1. There is a tip in Scenario League by Allard. Start there.

2. Take a BAT file from another scenario and right click on it. Select edit. Study the language and experiment with it.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks FMK, I was going to ask the same question.
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Booyah

That was actually quite easy! Now I have a fully functioning Batch program thingy that actually works! Case, it's not that hard, if you can figure out the civ2 code, you can get this...easily. I didn't even bother to look at the tip, I just went right in!

Thanks a lot techumseh!!!

-FMK.

Comment

I found that the batch file code system in and of itself is fairly intuitive, and a lot easier to understand than the event code (which I still have trouble with).

Comment

Working...
              X