Map Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Needed

Hi folks, I desperately () need a map. It's frontiers should be in the west Baghdad, or better the shore of the Euphrates parallel to Baghdad (so the city can be placed), in the east Delhi (again leaving room for the city). In the north, it should go as far as the Syr Darya river, and in the south it should touch the Persian Gulf (down to ~ Musqat, Oman).
    If someone has good acess to historical topographical and economical maps of the ~9th, 10th and 11th century AD, that's the time it should fit into.
    Thanks in advance.
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Have you seen the "ancient maps" thread in the Spanish Forum? Haven´t checked the links yet, but perhaps they are helpful...
    Blah

Comment

I meant Civ2 maps
      I've no lack of historical maps
      Follow the masses!

Comment

go too http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~jvermeir/ci...maps/index.htm
        i hope this helps
        Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

I once downloaded the entire collection, and none of the middle eastern maps really do suit my needs. I wouldn't have posted here if I wouldn't really be sure there was no map that complies with the one I need
          If there's anybody who thinks he can draw this (it's very tough) that'd really be great.
          Follow the masses!

Comment

Altho I don't have a graphics software to edit colors, I can produce a bitmap that could be used in Mercator's MapEdit program. I can custom make the bitmap to the civ map size and extents you need, and provide a topographic image from which to visually derive terrain. The bitmap would be colored by ecological regions, approximating vegetation types. (When not moonlighting as a world conqueror, I earn my keep as a geographer) If you are interested, or have a volunteer to do the work, I'll be happy to provide the images.
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

That's great! I haven't worked with that mapedit program yet though, so I may first have to try it out.
              Follow the masses!

Comment

Here is a sample image of the area you describe:
                Attached Files

intelligence to few.

Comment

And general vegetation:
                  Attached Files

intelligence to few.

Comment

The elevation/veg image colors and shades should be self-apparent.

For the second image,
                    Palest yellow = desert and shrub
                    darker yellow = grasslands
                    orange = montane grasslands
                    light green = mixed forests
                    dark green = coniferous forests
                    dark gray = tropical broadleaf forest or open woodlands
                    spotted gray = marsh
                    white = rock, ice, other inhospitable areas
                    blue = water, of course

Feel free to use them. If you want a grid dropped over each image for reference, I can do that, too. Good luck!

intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
                    X