Idea brainstorming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea brainstorming

Oh, crap! I formated my computer, had my "Shaka" scenario all backed up, but it was backed up from a while ago, so I lost about a third of the units, my icons (no, not my wonderful icons), and my events (dammit!). So, as I (slowly) begin the healing process to rebuild the scenario, I've decided to start on another one.

I need ideas!! first of all, no World War 2! Fun to play, but there are so many of them.

Some ideas-

Western Front- World War One
    Atilla the Hun
    North West Rebellion

Help me! Any scenario you wanted to see, but were too lazy to make? do tell
    "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

There are two scenarios I have considered doing, but I don`t know how to implement them, and I really ought to get around to finishing Red Storm first. However, my ideas were:

Union: The Building of A United Europe
    Stargate SG-1
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I Punic war?
      Bolshevik invasion on Poland?
      Arabian conquest of Africa province?
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Here are a few ideas:

-The Korean War
        -The Falklands War
        -The breakup of the Soviet Union
        -A good scenario on the US Civil War (it amazes me that no-one has ever made one...)
        -The Russian-Japanese war
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Paul:
          Union: The Building of A United Europe - interesting, but seems impossible to do
          Stargate SG-1- no interest, but I've seen the show once or twice

Heresson:
          I Punic war- very good idea
          Bolshevik invasion on Poland- not enough interest
          Arabian conquest of Africa province- interesting, I don't really know much about this topic. I think a fictional scenario about the Arabians or Islamics invading all of Africa would be cool.

Case:
          The Korean War- not much interest
          The Falklands War- one of those scenarios I'd like to see, but am to lazy to make
          The breakup of the Soviet Union- sounds good, but how?
          A good scenario on the US Civil War (it amazes me that no-one has ever made one...)- no interest, and I think no one else has attempted to make more Civil War scenarios because of the kick arse art work in Alex Mor/Nemo's scenario.
          The Russian-Japanese war- I've been reading a bit about this war, and it could make a darn good scenario.

Also, I've had another idea: Lawrence of Arabia! That seems pretty cool. Anywoo, keep 'm coming!
          "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

Comment

Hear, Hear! Another for a Punic War scenario!

How about the Incan conquest of South America? Not much historical material to work with, but that could be used to your creative advantage...
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

does any one remember my 'Hannibal' scenario? It was my first and only completed FW scenario. I'm also working on up-dating it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hobbes, where can it be downloaded from?

BTW, on the the breakup of the USSR scenario, I was thinking that it could cover an attempt by the Russian government to restablish the USSR in say, 1991 following the coup (had it suceeded). I did a bit of work on this a while ago, but got bored after placing the cities and doing a bit of work on the rules. If you're interested I could send you this stuff
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Spy Scenario

Hobbes, I thought you (I think it was you) were going to do a Spy scenario during the time of the cold war. What happened to that idea? Too difficult?

Comment

Tower, the Spy scenario, all but the units, was tragically lost when I formated my computer. I forgot about the terrain, cities and icons still in the main Civ2 directory.

however, I may want to continue it in the future.

oh, and if you want my old, crappy scenario (but I'm proud of my artwork ) click here.

Comment

Hobbes I like your Attila idea most.

Others:

- Struggle for Sicily between Syracuse and Carthage before Rome enters the scene.

- Stefan Härtel makes currently something about Alex the Great, I think a similar scn about his father Philipp of Macedonia would be also great.

- Something about Alexander Nevski
                      Blah

Comment

Hobbes, I know your scn and like it very much.
                        However, that's the II Punic war scenario.
                        Stefan made a nice III Punic war scn.
                        I don't know any I Punic war scenario, though.
                        And yes, it could be a scenario about
                        first, conflict between Carthago and Syracusae,
                        and later about Roman interferrace and I P.W.
                        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                        Middle East!

Comment

Personally, I feel that there has been too great a deluge of historical scenarios recently. Most are fun to play, sure, but it's all beginning to edge on tedium. Therefore, I propose that a non-TV-show-based sci-fi scenario would be a refreshing break. One idea, which I probably will not end up implementing, is as follows:

The world, as you knew it, had vanished overnight. You had awoken, and found yourself in a vast...no, infinite expanse of colors. Nothing but colors. No shape, no rhyme, no reason; it's a blinding emptiness, and without the vaguest hint of life or movement.

As you try to adjust to these queerest of surroundings, you find out that you're not alone. They can't be seen, but you can sense that whatever they are, they don't want you here.

You then set out to find out what the hell has happened. You thus begin an epic adventure, meeting new friends and unknown enemies along the way, in what will be known as...

[insert title here]

I originally envisioned this as a ToT scen, but I realized I didn't have the energy to create something so in need of a story line and interesting play mechanics, so it's permenantly "on hold." So I don't care what's done with this, if anything at all. It may help you set this idea in a new direction or something, I dunno.

Oh, and if you do make a scenario based on one of the ideas posted in this thread, the Russian-Japanese war sounds most interesting.
                          "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

For historical - how about something covering the gap between Kull's End of the Bronze Age (which starts in 1200BC) and Hartel's Persia scenarios (about 550BC) Only ones I can think of are Hellas and Hartels Iran. How about rise of Assyria from 1000 BC to 550BC? Could use Kulls ancient empires system.

LOTM
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

ahh, excellent ideas from all!
                              okay, okay, I have narrowed it down to two choices.

WWI- the Western Front
                              I started a World War One scenario right after I completed Hannibal, but I deleted it by accident (seems to happen a lot, eh? ). This scenario would be just the Western Front, with the main objectives being Paris and Berlin. It would be very detailed, on a grand scale, AND I would do almost all the drawing myself, and not use Nemo's stuff (which is very tempting), just like I did in Hannibal.

or...

Attila the Hun
                              This was an old idea which I started after Hannibal, but scraped. This scenario would consist of the Huns massing a huge army from neighbouring tribes and then invading Roman territory, with the ultimate goal: Rome.

It's a tough choice..... oh and here's an "Atilla" unit that I made about a year or so ago.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X