"Shaibani" Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Shaibani" Updated

Version 1.2 of "Shaibani, the Quest for Khorassan" is now on my page. Go get it at http://www.geocities.com/intaphernes/Shaibanie.html
    As I am now declaring this my favourite of those I've designed to date, I urge you to get it!

The changes include:
    * Plundering a caravan now benefits for the 'lesser civilized' tribes.
    * The Persian defenses have lightened up a bit and are more spread now (i.e. no "wall" between the mainland and the plains)
    * New flags for each tribe
    * City styles fixed for each tribe
    * Production cost for the gun-carrying and artillery units increased
    * New road running from Damgan to Merv
    * Scenario dates now changed into the Islamic calendar
    * New currency (Persian Shahi) used
    * Fixed a couple of text files

The rough outline of the scenario, for those who haven't played it yet is as follows:
    The Uzbeks, a central Asian nomad tribe of Turkish-Mongol origin, began expanding their territory under the rule of their Khan Muhammad Shaibani (ruled 1500-1510). From early on, they had to struggle against other regional "superpowers": Though able to defeat and eliminate the Timurids, who had been ruling over Persia for the last century, they soon saw themselves in the shadow of two rising powers: The Safavids in Persia and the Mughals in Afghanistan. Their goal, the conquest of Khorassan, was halted by the Persian expansion.
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Shaibani was the hardest scenario I ever played, I could never capture any cities other than the first two.
    The strategically impaired,
    -Cal

Comment

Working...
    X