Playtesters Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good my man.

I have just one complaint about the scenario. I think there are way too many bombers. I was just thinking that if the Japs were strapped for supplies ( oil, iron ore, rubber) when they started the war, they just wouldn't be able to field that many bombers.

Overall I think it is a good scenario, definately playable, but still room for improvement.
    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Okay, I am not liking the Jap marine to the south of Cairns who will not disappear. I think it would play better if you had a unit or two created in that spot every turn rather than one created when one is killed. If you keep it like it is you can never truly beat back the invasion. If you are concerned about the AI not being able to handle losing their beachhead, I have a few ideas to run by ya'.

Maybe have it in the events that if Cairns is taken back then more troops land to the south of it to cut it off. Another idea I had was that if the initial attack was defeated then you could have a randomizer event (or wharever it is) to represent either Japanese raids or troops dropped behind enemy lines. Then if you keep the bombers coming even at half the rate you do now. It will be more than enough to handle.

Those are just my ideas though.
      "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
      "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Thanks Jimmy. I really like the Idea of Allied sucesses sparking further Japanese landings - its very sneaky

Everyone has complained about the bombers, so I've removed about a 1/3rd of them. It seems that the bombers which I hoped would support Japanese operations in Western Australia were being flown east
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Know your friends

After the poster depicting a dog crying because its masters ship was sunk "because someone talked", this is probably the most corny American WW2 poster I've seen
          Attached Files
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

There's now a rather nice preview of this scenario up on Civfanatics here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/Forum4/HTML/000346.html

Comment

Working...
            X