How Many Scenarios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Scenarios?

How many scenarios do you currently have on your computer?

I have around 100.

The best are the "Silmarillion", MJesczenka's scenarios, "Giant Squid's Cloud Chronicles", "Star Wars" by paul caldwell,

-Never tried Gangsters. Heroes of bekthorn was fairly good.

At one point I had around 150
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Currently ca. 220. Not that I have played all...
    Blah

Comment

I went and did a quick count: about 120 scenarios, and I just got rid a bunnch of scenarios. That total does not include any of the Microprose scenarios from CIC and FW.
      "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
      --

Comment

I've got 130 scenarios currently unzipped and playable, and at least another 50 stored in zipped format.

Given that I quickly delete any scenario's I don't like, I must have downloaded 500+ scenarios over the past couple of years
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Disk Space

I didn't bother to count the number of scenarios but i did notice that they take up more than twice as much space as the rest civ2! that's alot of scenarios.

Comment

My scenario folder take 783,8 MB of my disk...

And thats how many I've got in my rebuilt scenario database, I lost many more about year ago (I have been downloading civ scenarios from the very begining, but I didn't join the forums untill I got ADSL, which was after the loss of all my scenarios).
            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Actually none - but i have six CD-Roms fulls of them. Never counted how many scens are in...
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Not much. I just recently got FW version and downloaded about 20 scenarios. I want to finish them first before I get new ones.

Comment

No clue. Just that I haven't played most of them...... I wish Blackclove was still around to make a better version of Dungeon though.
                  *grumbles about work*

Comment

Dang, and I thought I had a lot

I did a full count and got 118.
                    Where did most of you get your scenario's from?

I downloaded a lot of them from Sidgames/Civ II Universe/ Civ Scenario League/ Civ Scenario Collection
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

At one point, I had ca. 600 MB worth of scenarios, but then my HD broke down (and I seriously considered giving up Civ2). Now I have 344 MB, including sounds, zip files, SLeague design tips, Microprose scenarios and my own work.
                      It's 83, I just counted.
                      Follow the masses!
                      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Well, I use SLeague a lot. Its also the page I keep homed to. Which also means that I notice when there's an update. And there hasn't been one since March 16th. It appears that the management is out.
                        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Civ2 scenario sites

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                          Where did most of you get your scenario's from?
                          here's a list of many of the civ2 sites i've come across:
                          fascist site
                          a french civ2 site
                          civ fanatics
                          dustin dunn's
                          another site
                          john ellis'
                          mikeal's
                          moon monkey's
                          platehead's
                          european
                          das civilization universaum
                          crisis of the new world
                          darth veda's
                          indalciv2
                          society eternal's
                          kull's
                          civ2 evolution
                          mathias'
                          russian
                          mr. tembas'

unfortunately some sites are no longer being updated and some sites i had book marked don't even exist anymore! i hope you know mulitiple languages because there's french, german, russian and english sites here. there might even be a swedish site, but i'm not sure.

maybe we should make a list of civ sites where we can download scenarios?

happy scenario hunting!

Comment

I don't know if there are any sites not allready mentioned here but here goes:

Apolyton
                            Alex War Gallery
                            CivFanatics
                            Civilization Scenario Collection
                            John Ellis Scenarios
                            The Russian Civ 2 Site
                            My own and Jesús Muñoz's site, Indalciv 2
                            Das Civilization Universum (in German, but imho it isn't hard to figure out what some of the stuff means)

And lots of old sites which aren't available anymore
                            I lost some adresses when I lost the other stuff I wrote about earlier.

There are some other sites which doesn't contain scenarios but are still usefull.
                            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I have 149 MBs worth of scenarios, too lazy to count though.
                              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                              X