No announcement yet.

Barbs as Allies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try making the city size bigger and see if they appear then.

Comment

Yup, that was the solution, never had thought of this. Thanks - and now back to work...
      Blah

Comment

The Communism tech also increases the number of partisans created
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Ok, the settler thing is solved, the partisans appear - as well as as new problem: I have difficulties to control global warming.

Pollution should play a role in the scn, so it is no option to turn it off. But the funny thing is, I have terrain changes due to global warming ca. every 15 turns without that polluted squares appear before. I have some "prebuilded" polluted squares, but the changes appear even when I remove them. May be I experimented too much...

I enabled all techs that decrease pollution (and gave them to all civs), and disabled all techs that increase pollution (except industrialization, I need it for the city style). I also sold factories, builded mass transit and recycling everywhere - but it doesn´t help. The terrain changes even occured when I turn pollution completely off.

Since everything else is nearly done I could rebuild the scn from a "naked" map (there aren´t soo many cities from the beginning on), but if anybody has an idea how to get around this...
          Blah

Comment

The techs don't affect global warming, only the occurrence of pollution.

How did you remove the pollution?

Do you use an invisible pollution icon?

Comment

I use a visible pollution icon. No new polluted squares appear after the scn ahs started, but the global warming icon (near the research icon in the tatus window) appears in the 2nd or 3rd turn, and then it just needs some more turns for the first terrain changes. After that the whole thing start again.

And I removed the polluted squares via the > cheat menu > change terrain. Should I try it with settler units?
              Blah

Comment

My guess is that the pollution flag is still in the file. Things to try:
                [*]save the game as a scenario and restart, to see if the pollution then appears.[*]Automate some enginneers. See if they try to clean it up.[*]Hex edit.

Comment

Thanks for your help, it *seems* to work if I use engineers for cleaning up the polluted squares instead of changing them via cheat menu...But I have to test it a bit more.
                  Blah

Comment

Working...
                  X