Just to show I haven't forgotten...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to show I haven't forgotten...

Thanks to Operation Flashpoint -the demo and the anticipation of it's American release -I have continued my work on my NATO vs. Warsaw Pact scenario (tentatively named NATOPact). I'm currently working on the first stage of events.

I should not and will not promise that I will finish this scenario, but at this point in development even if I don't it is playable.

There is a shot of the map below. It is 101 x 173, and boy was it a b*tch to make and place cities on (yes the city limit was reached).

Also, has anyone played the full version of Operation Flashpoint? And how is it?
    Attached Files

I wa just thinking about posting a thread about your scenario and also about Paul Hanson's scenario. I enjoy playing nato vs warsaw pact scenarios and can't wait to play this one. I think I have a demo for operation flashpoint but have never played it. I guess I will have to dig it up and give it a go.

Comment

Eternal, that's looking great!

BTW whats 'Operation Flashpoint'? [and more importantly where can I download it)
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Gulf War

eternal: did you ever finish that gulf war scenario posted on your homepage? i played it a few times as the iraqis and loved crushing the coalition. it would be sad that you never finished it when it was so close to being perfect (hint hint).

Comment

Operation Flashpoint is a FPS set during the Cold War, and it's freakin awsome (if you have a good system). You could probably get the demo at Gamespot.

H Tower, I have not polished Gulf War at all since the version you probably played. But it is on my page:

http://www.geocities.com/societyeternal

I shouldn't divert my attention from NATOPact know or else I may never finish it, but I would like to do a little reworking on Gulf War in the future. If Civ3 comes out first I'd probably just make a Gulf War scenario for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal
            Operation Flashpoint is a FPS set during the Cold War, and it's freakin awsome (if you have a good system). You could probably get the demo at Gamespot.
            Ah, now I remember. I've seen that game all over the place
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

i didn't mean stop working on your Nato scenario, i just wanted to know if you ever finished the gulf war. keep going! if you stop, they'll blame it all on me! and i'll be :banned:

Comment

Well I think the first phase (covering the first 4 or 5 turns) is good. I went on a little detour redoing some units. Here's a little shot of Berlin (if you're wondering why it's in Max Zoom, it's too cluttered to make out on Standard).
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X