People.gif Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People.gif Question

I'm sure this has come up before, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out (or find the answer). According to all the documents, once a civ discovers "Invention", the people change to the "Renaissance" look. Well, my French civ has Invention but the people remain "Bronze Age". Interestingly, they have only one other Tech (Ceremonial Burial), so it would seem that something else is required....

Any ideas?
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Invention and philosophy are both required. Check out the Advance Slot Properties Paper on the Cradle of Civilization.

Comment

According to Williams' SL tip "FW Advance Slot Properties", which updates older tips, Philosophy is also needed to initiate the Renaissance look.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks guys! Well, that's going to work out nicely, I think. The default set of "People" is a civilian bunch wearing beret's and such.....so now when (if?) France goes to war, the notification can be delivered via the Philosophy tech, following which...voila...a full set of WWI French military "people" will appear in the cities! Cool!

Dontcha just love it when a "problem" opens a brand new door?!
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Don't forget the free advance and dialogue box when you're the first to get Philosophy!

Please ignore that new thread that says the same thing.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
          X