Here's your chance to blockade Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's your chance to blockade Britain

Due to the positive responce to the test pictures I posted a couple of days ago, I've been hard at work on my Battle of the Atlantic scenario, with the result that its now ready for testing.
    If you're interested, please leave your contact details below, or e-mail me at: nick_dowling@hotmail.com

[by the way, 'Raging Dragon' is almost finished, I'm just playing it through to check for bugs before releasing it]

Now here's a few in game images:

The Royal Navy and Kiegsmarine fight it out in the Bay of Biscay and Western Approaches to the UK
    Attached Files
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Here the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau attempt to break out into the North Atlantic:
    Attached Files
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

And finally, Operation Drumbeat, the Kiegsmarine's responce to the US entering the war:
      Attached Files

Comment

Well i would but im busy with everything else. ie playtesting 2 scenarios and finnishing off mine. but ill give you a bell if it changes soon
        Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Just one question: why is Londonderry an American city?
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Already!?

Yep, Case, here they are , tell me what you think:
            Attached Files
            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
              Just one question: why is Londonderry an American city?
              It's an American Naval Base. Due to the limitationsof Civ 2, I've had to assign it to the Americans throughout the war. Basically, its there to repair American units, and provide American aircraft with a base.

Anzac, those units look great! Thanks a lot.

Does anyone want to playtest this scenario? Its VERY close to being fully finished, and the only reason I'm seeking playtesters is to get a second opinion. Trust me, it's fun!

Comment

Hey Case, i sent you an email i'd love to playtest it!
                Peace!
                Send it to WMCS44@aol.com

Comment

I'll playtest it Case. Send it to abcgmantifel@nexicom.net .

Comment

Ok, I've just sent copies to everyone who's contacted me. Is anyone else interested?

BTW, I forgot to mention in the readme that the scenario is very hard, and shouldn't be played above Prince level to start off with

Comment

I would have replied sooner, but this is the first time the forum slowed down so I couldn't get to it!! Don't worry though, MarkG and DanQ should get it fixed before some dissident Apolytponer hunts them down Case, I'd love to playtest this. Also do you need the Renown class graphic? Right now I'll start on the Scharnhorst class. Actually one of the 2 sites is one you already have www.german-navy.de/marine and the other is about Jutland and Dogger Bank and some ships at Worl War I Naval Battles Any other graphics you need just ask!
                      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Well, I've only played to when the Russians join the war but so far I love it. Great gameplay, graphics and it is a challenge. This scenario will be on my hard drive for along time.

Comment

I just have to say that I am honored someone is using one of my graphics as their avatar.
                          "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

ding diddling ding! Hobbbbes here,
                            I would like to play test as well, this scenario sound kick ass!! and God bless Nemo for making such beautiful graphics.

email at:thekiwiguy@hotmail.com
                            "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Working...
                            X