Testing 1-2-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing 1-2-3

This is just a test to make sure I can post pictures. Could someone please tell me wether the following picture shows up? (and bonus marks if you can name the 2 ships in the centre of the picture )
    Attached Files
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Guessing that the two ships you mean are the German units. Are they Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, the WWII units?

Exile
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Hey, Case: If your really making a scenario, I could make for you those German ships Gneisenau and Scharnhorst, or Bismark and Eugen instead of having you use a Mogami class with a swastika on a shield! Also I'm glad to see people used my unit compilations...or your playtesting Kyokujitsu....
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

I'm playing Kyokujitsu

Comment

Exile, you're correct, the two ships are the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau (or Salmon and Gluck to the British). The picture is from the battle of the Atlantic scenario I'm very close to releasing for testing (I'll probably have a testable version ready within the week).

DarthVeda, I believe that Nemo's IJN/USN Ships were originally created for Kyokujitsu. I trust it's OK for me to use them before you release your scenario?

ANZAC if you could make me some 'Nemo style' German ships I would be VERY greatful! I could really do with nicer graphics for the Hipper (Prinze Eugen) Class heavy cruisers and Bismark class Battleships. BTW, thanks for putting those compilations together They've been a great assistance!

Here's another picture, this time of naval warfare in the Bay of Biscay and Western approaches:
          Attached Files
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

And ANZAC, here's my exhisting Bismark and Prinz Eugen. As you can see, they could do with a lot of improvement
            Attached Files

Comment

Sure Case, I'll start on the Hipper Class and then I'll go to the Gneisenau/Scharnhorst and Bismark. Nemo mods are my specialty BTW does anyone have a site for German battleships because I have some pictures of these battleships but they're either side profiles or nondetailed 3D shots. Thanks.
              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Also you might want to look at my compilation of Nemo's WWII units at http://www.geocities.com/augusta/fairway/2116/pics.html (for example the large freighter, Nemo made an updated version for Second Front which is on this page). How far along are you on this project?

Comment

A site for German battleships

ANZAC, have you seen Darren Milford's site, "World War I Naval Combat?" I don't have the hyperlink right at hand, but punching that title into a seach engine should get you there. Once there, there is a nice link page. At the bottom of that link page is a snappy-looking banner called "Kriegsmarine Encyclopedia." For German ships, it is the best site that I've ever seen. Another link from the World War I site is to "Warships on the Web." This site has more photos of every sort of warship imaginable, more than any other source I've ever seen. You might trying looking at these (if you haven't already found 'em).

edit; on second thought, I did post a link to the Milford site. The hyperlink is in the Spanish Civ2 Site forum in a thread with a title about history links. It's the second or third post, (I think).

Salutations,
                  Exile
                  Lost in America.
                  "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                  "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                  "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Sorry Exile but that thread was lost in the forum upgrade, I asked them to restart it in a thread, but I got no replies...
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Well, I found the site you were talking and that should help me with my other ships, the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau. Thanks, this is a gold mine, I'll probably be spending a lot of time looking around at all these links and events. If you look at Case's other thread in the Scenario League forum, you'll see my Hipper and Bismarck units!

Comment

Hey, do you think you could give me the adress of that site

Whislt I mainly used books to work out the events (Clair Blair's books being my major source), the I used the following webpages to work out the stats:

www.uboat.net - THE site on U-Boats.
                        www.german-navy.de/marine - a good (if hard to navigate) site on the German suface fleet

Comment

Working...
                        X