New Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far...

So good. I've only been able to play it today. The largest qualm I have really is that it doesn't encompase the world, no more far flung colonies. I guess there's enough of that to keep some of that flavor in, I guess. :sigh: However, I do like the set up. I'll report further when I have more to say.

Ioanes
    Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
    http://john.jfreaks.com
    -The Artist Within-

Comment

Latest version . . .

Is now available. The tech paradigm is up to 7 to 1. The Arms Race wonder is now only available with the Militarism tech, which means that the Germans will undoubtedly get it first. The tech tree has been modifed again.

Just so you know;

I have decided that the scenario is more for multi-play that solo use. The MGE AI is just too aggressive to stay out of war for more than 3 or 4 turns.

Yes, Case, I have MGE, mainly because it was the only version I could purchase when I finally bought it. I think that there is a converter around somewhere, but not too sure about how effective it is. Seems like I heard some complaints somewhere.

The tech German Empire, a "no,no" tech given to the German at start for them to build custom units, is actually Space Flight, and hence makes them a little less likable.

Land Reform tech is actually Mysticism, therefore making the churches a little more effective; a trick that I often use.

If anyone want the latest version, let me know and it'll be on its way.

Exile
      Lost in America.
      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Go on then

Grothgar_1999@yahoo.com

you know i like this. maybe now the techs will be more realistic
        Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

I'll take an updated version too. Please send to previous address.

Furthermore, even though this is still art in work, I propose starting a PBEM game with the updated Age of War, should there be enough consent among scenario holders, and of course the author. It is after all inteded as a multiplayer game, lets test it as one!

So how about it?

Ioanes
          Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
          http://john.jfreaks.com
          -The Artist Within-

Comment

Yes, why not exile
            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Yes Ill do a PBEM game as long as i get to be Britain!!!! being after all a patriotic englishman i think its only right lol. of course i have to get the updated bit yet also no exams!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

It's a good idea . . .

But perhaps a little premature in its implementation. See my response in the other thread. I'm glad that there is a favorable response to this beast, but I'd be more comfortable if it was a bit more polished. I suspect that there are still many little problems to work out.

Exile
                Lost in America.

Comment

Dont worry exile us civ players arnt that fussed as long as the scenario is fun which yours is. and what better way to find out all the little flaws than to have a big pbem game of it

P.S fancy playing in the game? russia is still open (althought could get tricky for russia see other post ) as is spain and turkey

How about it exile?

Comment

Sounds like fun . . .

But I'll pass. I've come to the conclusion that it wouldn't be fair to the other players for me to run one of the majors. Can you imagine me running Germany against other human civs? I know exactly what defending troops are where in all the other states. Would you want to be France? Russia?

Please let me fix the "barbarian" problem, though. This is the one glaring bug that needs to be fixed before a pbem game. Otherwise, I say go ahead.

Just so you know;

At this stage of development, I sit down and load up the scenario. I get a blank piece of paper and pen. Play the scen. Whenever I see something that needs to be changed to improve the thing, I write it down. When the paper is full on front side and back, or when the game is hopelessly screwed up, it's time to quit. Then I go back in and start making changes. Repeat process next day, or a few hours later.

I am still doing this.

The result is that the scenario gets better and better. This process is helped, however, by additional playtesting by others. Right now, Henrik and Jesus Munoz have offered invaluable assistance in this regard and I am always grateful for their efforts. If anyone has spotted things that seem to be problems, by all means email me and let's chat; Exile@rmi.net

Salutations,
                    Exile
                    Lost in America.

Comment

ill test it
                      dabbler8623@aol.com

Comment

Exile,

Glad to see you're still creating good scenarios .

After a long time off from civ and apolyton, I'm back, finishing up a run through ImperialRome, and itching for more great scernarios...mind sending me a copy yo try?

khanmaned@hotmail.com

in case you've forgotten...

Can't wait to see this.

Regards,
                        KhanMan
                        Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
                        -KhanMan

Comment

Sure Thing, Khan.

Just let me make some more improvements to the thing today. Thanks to the comments and assistance coming from the various playtesters, its shaping up nicely and it looks as if a final version is not far off.

I'll send it to you sometime later today. Do you want the accompanying sound files?

Glad to see you back.

Salutations,
                          Exile
                          Lost in America.

Comment

Working...
                          X