too slow to continue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too slow to continue

I don't know what Mark and Dan did, but Apolyton has become too slow to bother with. I've tried the supposedly faster version without the avatars, but it makes little difference. Other sites load quickly and I have a cable connection, so it's not my computer. So it's either their new server or the new bulletin board software or a combination of both. Anyway, I'll try to post the results of the Scenario Design Contest #3 (Test of Time) by the end of the week. After that, I'll look for some other venue for Civ stuff. It's too bad, but it's just not worth it.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

right now it´s being really slow,
    but I know that they are going to fix the problem,
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

I agree that the site has slowed down quite a lot but for some reason only for some people. my friend paul hansen has reported no problems with him but i find that it slows my computers internet connection down when i try to load this site. but im going to persevere with it.
      Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Lately it has been kind of a crapshoot with me. Sometimes it is so slow I can read 'War and Peace' cover to cover while I am waiting and other times it comes right up.
        "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
        "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Don't go dude! This place wouldn't be the same without you!
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Slow as hell...

I have been complaining dailey to Mark and Dan about it, but no firm responces have been forth coming.
            If you guys still want to do scenario things outside of the league, come to Civfanatics.
            Some of the guys here already do, and it is growing, and will soon add scenario reviews ALA the league to it's site.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Re: Slow as hell...

Originally posted by Chris 62
              no firm responces have been forth coming.
              why do you continue to lie about this issue chris? first the post in the OT, now this

it's been almost two days now that i have posted on where the problem is and we're doing to solve it. just so that you... remember it, here is a link
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Either they have fixed the problem, or I am lucky tonight because it is just zipping along now.

Maybe Chris is part of a conspiracy to discredit the site and steal it's members.
                "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Ena stigmi...

Originally posted by MarkG
                  why do you continue to lie about this issue chris? first the post in the OT, now this
                  I'm not lying about it, anoitos.
                  It's yperboli.
                  it's been almost two days now that i have posted on where the problem is and we're doing to solve it. just so that you... remember it, here is a link
                  http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...621#post343621
                  I'm glad to hear it.
                  And remember, I told you about this here in the league, because I wanted you to know what was happening in other parts of the site, the games part.

Seems like this part is sometimes forgotten be the powers that be (That means esy).
                  I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                  i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

be carefull chris. it's very often that continuing sarcasm and "asteiakia" by a poster will make me ignore him and loose the real point of what he is trying to say....
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Finally, I'm back in.
                      Please Visit:
                      http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Working...
                      X