Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, well...........
    US spy planes, U-2 and SR-71 BlackBird.
    I believe the B-2 Spirit was completed in the early 80's but didn't see action until Gulf War.
    I thought the F-16 was built until early-mid 80's?
    If so are you goig to have it available at the beginning or the scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
      how closely do you plan on keeping the events (at least the early ones) to the book written by Tom Clancy?
      As Grothgar pointed out (slightly rudely, in my opinion), this scenario isn`t based on the Tom Clancy book (I just chose the name because I thought it sounded good), and infact owes more of it`s inspiration to Red Alert 2 than to anything else. It`s an odd scenario in some respects; it mixes reality with a dose of RA2 style, so that NATO is represented, but only as a kind of figurehead, and the NATO forces operate under the term "Allies". The 1970`s setting owes itself to RA2 as well, since I believe that the 1970`s would have been the least likely time the Soviets would have attacked, had they chosen to.
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

i was just wondering, i''d have played it either way. it's better this way since now i'll be happily (or unhappily) suprised by the events.

Comment

*BUMP*

How's this scenario progressing? I'm still interested!
          John Petroski
          PetroskiJP@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
            *Bump*

Since people have started asking questions about my progress on Red Storm, I`ve decided to get this thread going again. Firstly, here is the map from Red Storm, with cities placed.
            I was hoping to do some sea battles in the N. Atlantic

Oh well, it looks fun.
            I refute it thus!
            "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Hail to this glorious Scenario!!
              The screenshots look so amazing!!!!

I'm offering my help in german citynames, because I saw, that you named one city "Nuremburg", but the correct form would be Nuernberg or Nuremberg in english (I know that, because I live in that city )

And the correct name of Liepzig would be Leipzig!!

Keep on working on this scenario!! The Screenshots look so fine!

Solidarität mit Island!

Join the Þ ß ð ä ö ü õ - Front!

Comment

To be honest, I hadn`t done any work on Red Storm for months before I saw this thread again. But since people are showing an interest, I`ve decided to get going once more!
                "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Comment

forgive me but

forgive me if i dont wait up for that
                  Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Hey Grothgar, how's your WW2 scenario going?
                    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Yeah Gary, we haven`t seen much of your work recently.

Let me think:

Sword Point
                      WW2 Pacific Theatre

I`m sure the list goes on...

Comment

Cities are placed not all are sized correctly yet farmland mining etc still to put for the chinese and japanese. units done just have to place them. some events finnished. improvements and wonders all finnished. tech tree nearing completion. so there
                        Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Working...
                        X