Let's try this again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmywax
    You know what Anzac, I have no idea either. I think it was actually an M-48 that I never finished and didn't mean for anybody to see it.
    Good to know Jimmy is up and on top of things!
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Hi Guys,
      I am curious, what is the name of the tank 2 down from the camo B-52 in the first units.gif? Is it a M-60 with reactive armor or possibly a T-64?
      Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
      Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

No way! this thread is a year old!

Also that tank is a British Chieftain, EZRhino.
        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Thanks ANZAC, ive been digging around the fourems for good, but lesser used cold war gfx. But on that note, has anybody tried to do a M-60 with reactive armor?

Perhaps I will try my hand at one.
          Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
          Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

The Grant tank, used during WWII principally by the British forces in North Africa, was simply a slight modification of the M-3 Lee tank made in American factories.

IIRC, the modifications were; a more squat, flatter top turret, but using the same 37mm gun as originally installed in the Lee, and some "desertification" things done to the engine, drive train, etc. to make the vehicle more resistant to the inclemencies of desert warfare.
            Lost in America.
            "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
            "or a very good liar." --Stefu
            "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

The Grant turrets were much longer than the Lee to allow the British to fit radios in the them (the Americans put them in the hull)

Ifound that your stuart/honey is just our M-3 Light Tank. I honestly never did see the point to the alllies insistance on renaming all the units we gave them.
              The British named all the tanks you gave them after American generals including the M3 / M5 light tanks, M3 Medium tank and M4 medium tank. These became the Stuart, Lee/Grant and Sherman. These names were a bit less boring than the US designations, don't you think?
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Exile Fairline, what the hell are you two talking about?
                "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Working...
                X