No announcement yet.

Testing the Waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem, use my units, ideas, terrains, cities etc... at will. Scenario creators need all the help they can get.
    Back to work on my next project.

Comment

Thanks, Nemo!

Unfortunately, I'm back to report more bad news. Unless I'm stupid (which is very possible), my Wonders have been technically corrected ("FF FF" for the pertinent offsets), yet when I go back to the scenario, they're still not available to be built.

I guess I'm missing something.

I've combed through the read-me.txt with no help, so I've come back here to see if anyone can provide some help/advice. I can make the scenario information available to look at, if that would help.

Sorry to be a bother!

Comment

Has the apropriate tech been discovered by thee civ you are using when you are placing the wonders?
        I allways make all wonders/improvements need nil as tech when editing, then I give them preqs when they have been placed.
        [This message has been edited by Henrik (edited March 03, 2001).]
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Should your Wonders still be "unbuildable" after setting the pre-req to nil,nil, then try this:

1) Find the city code for one of your already placed Wonders.

2) Apply that code to one of the previously destroyed Wonders.

3) Restart and see if it appears in that city.

4) If so, then it's just a matter of placing them in the correct cities.

OR, after getting it to appear once, try resetting the code to "unbuilt" and see if that makes it available again. I'd suggest trying this with one of your existing Wonders, but lets not make things worse!

It's still disconcerting that changing the E to F doesn't solve the problem. That implies there's at least one more hex code out there controlling these things.
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Kull on 03-03-2001 04:02 PM
            OR, after getting it to appear once, try resetting the code to "unbuilt" and see if that makes it available again. I'd suggest trying this with one of your existing Wonders, but lets not make things worse!

Interesting prospects! If you change a wonder to unbuilt when it allready exists in a city, you might be able to place it again, having many wonders whit the same effect (you would probably only see one of them in the "wonders of the world" list though). Has anyone tested this?
            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Wait a minute...
              You deleted them with "city edit" and not by destroying cities, right?

Then maybe its even simplier... how about your victory conditions?
              If you cannot build ANY more wonders then you're perhaps using "count wonders" for victory points... try to deactivate it.

Otherwise you can still place the wonders via hexediting by entering the city number.

If it doesn't work, feel free to send me (email see above) your .scn and rules.txt files (no others needed) with a list what wonder locations you desire.

Edit:
              Henrik - I'm sorry you cannot do this. The info is stored in a kind of wonder list. "unbuilt" means that no city index number is assigned to the respective slot.

------------------
              SCDARS
              scenario_feedback@hotmail.com
              [This message has been edited by SCDARS (edited March 03, 2001).]
              Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Oh, hell yeah!

SCDARS, you're an angel in disguise.

I can't believe that such an innocuous little switch was the cause of all my troubles, but apparently it was -- all the Wonders are available for placement again.

Well, at least I learned a little about Hex Editing in the process. Thanks to everyone who offered help. Those Wonders were becoming a major obstacle to finishing this damn thing!

Comment

Isn't that a great feeling? All seems lost, and then from the distant depths of left field comes....THE ANSWER!!!
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
                  X