Rome - next beta version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmmm...THIS is the kind of upkeep I'd like to see in many other scenarios

Dare I hope that the Spartacus-Slave revolt has been strengthened? It saddened me greatly to see so many slaves beat their heads 'gainst the walls of Syracuse

-KhanMan
    Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
    -KhanMan

Comment

KhanMan, the small Slave´s revolt on Sicily (not the Spartacus thing) isn´t much changed, because it wasn´t as important as Spartacus´ fights later, but I did some other nice changes (I hope )
      Blah

Comment

Taling of Roman Scenarios, I have made some myself at This Palce though it has given the design credit to my Dad! The graphics are primitive, as I did not have Paint Shop Pro when I made those scenarios originally.
        Making a First Crusade Scenario-to be as definitive as possible in terms of accuracy...as well as fun to play again and again with any side you like.
        Noticed a topic that was asking about preventing city-founding, well thats what I am doing with the civ that plays the Crusaders, as they do not begin with a capitol, until they conquer the Levant (Med. coast of middle-east).

I have a question though-I saw some really good units made that also had the civ's flag style on their sheilds-i.e. a cross.
        How is this done?

------------------
        MRP
        MRP

Comment

Masis, what are the titles of your scns? There are so many scns on the page I visited via your link, I´m not sure which yours are.

To the signs on the unit´s shields (hope I didn´t missunderstood you): Simply paint such a sign in the units.gif near the unit, and adjust it so that its position is the same as the shield position (the shield position is marked by the blue dots in the green border around every unit).
          If you have scenarios like RedFront or Second Front by Captain Nemo, look into the units.gif there, Nemo has done such things for his WWII units...
          Blah

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BeBro on 02-28-2001 10:09 AM
            KhanMan, the small Slave´s revolt on Sicily (not the Spartacus thing) isn´t much changed, because it wasn´t as important as Spartacus´ fights later...

...except because it took four legions' effort to tame it. Rome should have lerned something from Eunus'/King Antiocus' revolt, but instead... nada de nada. As a matter of fact, Posidonius of Rhodos/Rodi was right when he said that whoever acted as a bad slave owner was a danger for the whole society. And then came Spartacus...

"Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
            "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

quote:

...except because it took four four legions' effort to tame it

Yes, probably not sooo small as I said But compared to Spartacus´fights...
              Blah

Comment

Thanks for the information BeBro.
                And the vital information to know the 'much aclaimed' Dad-his name is Khatchik Panos-my name is Masis Panos but I used his e-mail address.

"And after the you have spanked us the or** *ex" Maid Dingo to Sir Galahad, Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

------------------
                MRP
                MRP

Comment

Working...
                X