Accidental discoveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidental discoveries

By which I mean "accident by screw-up". Luckily some good came out of these screw-ups: some unintended things were happening with my scenario and I've since found out why. Might be useful to someone - especially with the forum search engine .

1. My barbarian city style was not classical, as I always thought it was (hardcoded?), and I had done nothing in the save-game file to change it.

2. One civ was disregarding its colour instructions for both shields and city names. There was no problem with the flag, or the cities.gif file as a whole, yet it was not the colour it should be.

3. On the first turn of the scenario, all of my cities disregarded the default production orders they were given before I saved as scenario. There was no functional citypref.txt file, and no advisors had control of production.

Answers?

1. It is not hardcoded. The barbarian city style is simply the same as civ number one's (Romans), so this can be changed in the rules.txt.

2. They were actually using the colour instructions of the next civ number, and the problem was a double comma after the leader's name in the rules.txt.

3. This was more wierd, and I'm not sure if it can be controlled, but the problem was setting the research progress so high via the edit Kings menu that the civ finished researching the technology I had set before the turn started - or so it seemed. It then went on to researching another tech without instructions from me!

If anyone knows of a way to set-up a scenario so you can choose which technology to research next on the very first turn I'd dearly like to know.
    "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Couldn't you just use "Clear Research Goal" on everyone?
    Thanks for the info...interesting.

Comment

A tip

City mames and shields' colours are influenced also by that little second pixel o' that civ flag, AL...
      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Working...
      X