"Rome 280BC" scn trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rome 280BC" scn trouble

I discovered this scenario some days ago in the "for review" section of the sleague. The readme says it´s for FW, but I think it´s not, I believet it´s for MGE. I tried to convert it, but now I receive events errors on every start. Can 20kb events be too much for FW? Has anybody played the scn under FW and can help me?

I´d like to play it, it looks very good...
    Blah

BeBro - Thanks for the note. I must confess that I was led by the 'read me' which begins "Warning!: You need to have installed Fantastic Worlds for this scenario to work!".

Those of you who read these boards a little too thoroughly and often might recall I had problems getting Civ2 to run following my Windows 2000 upgrade, and had to take scenario information on face value. I've since got a 'work around' to succeed, and indeed suffered the same fate as BeBro, in that it does not seem to gleefully embrace Fantastic Worlds.

I'll make the edit to the info' on the league's site at the next update (coming soon...), although Rick Westera is contactable at rw@access.com.au if you feel inclined to raise this matter directly.

Comment

Thanks for the adress, Cam. I mailed some days ago to his yahoo.com adress, but I´m unsure if it has reached him...
      Blah

Comment

It's really an MGE scenario.
        "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
        --

Comment

Puff... I was fearing the living hell i'll never be able to review it... but i have MGE.
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Damn MGE!

Yes, I also thought about writing a review for it, but if I can´t get it to run it would be a very short review... These units created by Rick look really nice.
            Blah

Comment

It's actually an 'Ultimate Civilization' scenario or so I surmise from the labels.txt. When I tried to run it in MGE it crashed the first time. To make it run in MGE, you have to change the labels.txt.
              You have to change the section where it shows
              @LABELS

to this
              @LABELS

I don't know what that number stands for. Does anybody here know?

------------------
              "There is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp."
              "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
              --

Comment

I also tested a bit, I can play now under FW if I:

-convert the .scn file the MGE converter
                -reduce the events to 18Kb
                Blah

Comment

quote:

It's actually an 'Ultimate Civilization' scenario or so I surmise from the labels.txt. When I tried to run it in MGE it crashed the first time. To make it run in MGE, you have to change the labels.txt.
                  You have to change the section where it shows
                  @LABELS
                  to this
                  @LABELS

I don't know what that number stands for. Does anybody here know?

Yes, I do - it's the number off lines that follow... it's like the name of the Barbarian tribes one can edit or like
                  quote:

@HISTORIANS
                  Herodot
                  Thukydides
                  Plinius
                  St. Augustin
                  Gibbon
                  Toynbee
                  Lord Macaulay
                  Livy
                  Tacitus
                  Bede
                  Machiavelli
                  Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

I never realized there were so many lines in the labels.txt. Thanks for enlightening me.
                    --

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Cam on 02-14-2001 09:29 AM
                      BeBro - Thanks for the note. I must confess that I was led by the 'read me' which begins "Warning!: You need to have installed Fantastic Worlds for this scenario to work!".

You can't imagine how familiar that line read to me I went on to download the scen and... I was right, I actually had written that sentence

Comment

Ah, that explains the lousy grammar.

------------------
                        St. Leo
                        http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
                        http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X