Civ crashs when beginning a scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ crashs when beginning a scenario

Civ crashs when beginning a scenario, but the saved game from which the scenario was made loads and runs fine. What could be the matter?

There is no error code and the events parse fine.

Have you checked all of the advances to make sure there are no loops and that all the abbreviations are referenced right (I personally ALWAYS have the problem between AF1 and AFl.)? And was it made using FW editors, or could the person who made it have accidentally added or deleted a line or two in Rules?

Comment

Every time something like this has happened to me, it's been because I've messed with the production or contents of a barbarian city. It's been fixed in ToT, so if it's a ToT scenario, then it's something else.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

It is ToT and I do have a barbarian city in which I changed production. I'll check this.

I know that there are no syntax errors in the rules.txt file because the saved game loads normally. Only when I load the SCN does it bomb. A tech loop is unlikely since I created the tree from a very detailed graphical rendering ... but it is still possible, I'll check that too.

Comment

Yeah it did this with Kyokujitsu and I was wondering wtf as well. It turns out that it was something with the file I had been using as the scenario file... it corrupted or something. So I loaded it into single player and saved it again as a scenario. Worked just fine then. It was a week or two back, so maybe that was it, maybe it wasn't, maybe I threw out the most recent events... ah we'll see.

Comment

In MGE, it could depend on wrong Title.gif size and/or palette. I don't remember the right code, but for sure that can be one of the causes.
            "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
            "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Well, that was it. It was the Title.gif file. I renamed it and the scenario loaded.

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Working...
              X