...para bellum!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...para bellum!!!

Since it´s clear that my website has survived the server update at Crosswinds I´m happy to announce that Imperium Romanum will be finally released at the end of the month

------------------
    Civ2000
    Blah

Yiiiiaaaaaaiiiiihhhhhh!!!! Can't wait...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Hmm, this a casus belli for celebration.

------------------
      St. Leo
      http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
      http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The outlook is good.....
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

I´ll give you some appetizers in the next days, graphics or more details about the gameplay.

#1: The city.gif
          Designed for Imperium Romanum, but feel free to use it for other ancient scns...

------------------
          Civ2000
          [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited January 21, 2001).]
          Blah

Comment

Hmm... the battle of Issus

Looks good
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

I am REALLY looking forward to this scenario!
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Cool!!! What program you have used, Be Bro? I tried with PSP once ( Antigonos ) and failed...
                "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Thanks for the comments. More appetizers follow in the next days

Prometeus, I use Corel PhotoPaint. The trick is to use the correct civ2 palette. I maked the graphic, then simply pasted it into the original city.gif to make sure that the pic has the right colors.

------------------
                  Civ2000
                  Blah

Comment

I just checked out the preview. WOW!!!
                    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

holly **** how on earth did you get that to work for the city graphics... I've tried hundreds of times to change it but without success... So many fatal errors and stuff.... Good job Bebro
                      Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Civfan, as said to Prometeus, I maked the graphic in 24bit, then simply pasted it into the original 8bit city.gif (with the same colors as the units.gif). Don´t change the colors, and DEactivate all gif-options like transparency, interlace or alphachannel.

However, if you have trouble with that, I can convert a graphic you want into a city.gif.

------------------
                        Civ2000
                        Blah

Comment

#2: The Civs

Every playable civ has its own set of events and rules. If the Romans or the Macedonians are AI controlled then they receive lots of units via events to make sure that they can build a strong empire...
                          Playable civs are:

ROMANS (white): You start with a single city, of course Rome, and you have to capture all other cities. In the beginning the Romans are supported via events, but only in Italy, later they are on their own, but they can develope some of the best units in the game.

MACEDONIANS (blue): The Macedonians have also a bad position in the beginning, because Macedonia was only a weak Kingdom 386 BC, but when Phillip II or later Alexander became rulers, you receive some excellent units for fast conquests. You should use them wisely (mainly against Persia), because after Alexanders death in 323BC, some of your units are "downgraded". Also, your life will be easier when you take the big Persian cities before Alexander dies...

PHOENICIANS (violet): The Phoenicians represent the trade empire of Carthage and its colonies. Therefore they own also cities in Northern Africa and Iberia, they start with enough money and they receive also additional money every year in the first and the second part of the game (represents the trade income), but on the other hand they have to pay for Spartan and Iberian mercenaries.

Other civs, not playable:

GREEKS (rosered): Around 386BC, in the year of the Royal Peace Sparta was the Hegemonial Power in Greece, so I included also all allied poleis of Sparta as Greek cities (e.g. Syracuse, lat. Syracusae, or cities in Southern Italy).

PERSIANS (yellow): The Persian empire is at first the strongest power in the scenario, with the most cities and lots of money. But the Persian army is, despite some elite forces, only of medium quality and Persia will soon be under attack from Macedonia...

EGYPTS (orange): In 386BC the Egypts were able to free themselves from the Persian rule for several decades. I included the Egypts mainly for the game balance, as a perfect buffer state between Persia and Carthage that should prevent both powers from a very unhistoric war with eachother. The hellenistic Egypt played also later an important role in relation to Rome, before it became finally a Roman province.

INDEPENDANTS (green): They represent several civs around the Mediterranean, e.g. the different Iberian tribes, independant Greek cities (as Massalia), the Etruscians in Northern Italy, Italic tribes, the Numidians in Northern Africa, the Nabateans in the Middle East and so on...The Independant have a major disadvantage: they haven´t settlers in the beginning.

All red cities are in Barbarian hands...

------------------
                          Civ2000
                          [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited January 24, 2001).]
                          Blah

Comment

Counting the days....
                            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Its a good sceanrio.... Even tough at certain times.... Graphics are amazing.....
                              *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                              X