SDC#3 - The Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDC#3 - The Odyssey

The People's Choice version of "The Odyssey" may be downloaded from this location:

The Odyssey

The main difference between this and the Contest version is you get the complete musical score, which really makes the scenario much more enjoyable. Please try it and post your thoughts in this thread. And be sure to play "Poseidon" as well! (that link is in the HAC forum)

Has anyone tried it yet? I honestly believe The Odyssey is as good - - and maybe better - - than "Spartacus" and "Sword of Shannarra". It can be played to completion in the span of hours, so there's really no reason not to check it out.

Comment

There's a reason...laziness...extreme laziness...
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I just downloaded it, but I can't play till tomorrow night. I never have time to finish scenarios. I have had a game of Red Front going for 3 weeks.

Comment

I`ve given it a go, but I can`t figure out how to get away from the Cyclops! My ship just gets trapped near his lair and I can`t get anyone way from it! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

These hints may resolve your dilemma:

1) When you looted Ismarus, did you bring the Wine with you? I sure hope so!

2) This message gives a pretty clear hint as to which units (and ONLY which units) should head off to examine the cave:

"Odysseus spies more goats and a large cave on another island. Together with two Sailors and the heady Wine of Ismarus, he departs to investigate this natural wonder."

3) The next message suggests which units should be getting off the ship, and which one has the first action (and exactly what that action is):

"As Odysseus captures some goats, the mists close in behind the ship and all the Sailors take the Wine ashore. One Ithacan sprints ahead, seeking to be the first to investigate the cave."

If this doesn't help, let me know!

Comment

P.S. The music which kicks in during this sequence of events is intended to instill panic. Did it work?

Comment

Very Impressive!

I've never really liked the quest/role-playing type scenarios. But you really push the envelope here. Yes it is quite entertaining; but quite a departure from your masterpieces.

I think you're lying about finishing in one or two hours, though. Maybe I've just too slow or methodical.

Comment

How do you loot Ismarus? There's impassable units all around it!
                  *grumbles about work*

Comment

RobRoy: Well, I can finish in 2 hours, but then, I know exactly what to do! Most people will probably take quite a bit longer.

Shadowstrike: Remember what I said in the readme file. EVERY existing civ2 unit capability is featured. Think of a traditional land unit with an unusual ability, different from all others. And think about what those "encampments" really are....

Comment

Oh so THAT'S how to capture Ismarus! I gave up frustrated afer I couldn't get it!
                      Follow the masses!
                      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

So you've learned how to use SLPstud, at last ... great work, I'm impressed!!!
                        [This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited January 07, 2001).]
                        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Prometeus: I'm shocked, simply shocked! Me guilty of using a DL?!? Whatever gave you that idea?
                          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

When you guys complete Chapter 2....in another hour or so (hehehe).....I'd be interested to hear what you think about the Chapter 3 revelation.

Stefan: So perhaps a hint file is in order?

Comment

Very entertaining. I took me about four hours over two days to play to completion, but I have a dinosaur computer and it seemed like two hours of that was just waiting for the computer to move.

When loading the other contestant's scenario, I got a message that there was a problem with the event file. I assume this means that the event file didn't even load, so I haven't tried to play it yet. Did anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X