My stupid comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My stupid comp

Has finally bit the dust, the HD is more ****ed than a whore in a brothel with a january sale on

as a result I have lost:

2.5 gig of mp3s
    300mb of por[art studies]
    3.5 gig of games and mods and patches etc.

worst of all 900 mb of civ stuff, scenarios etc. including all the work I have done on my scenarios

So napoleon 1.2 (which was 3/4 done), 1400 (which was 90% finished) and my korean war scen (which was about 40% done) have all been lost and I can't see myslef re-doing them completely any time soon.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

I can safely say that I back-up Kyokujitsu once a week after that Nat Turner incident.

Fear not: Kyokujitsu will not succomb to a HD Crash!

Comment

Thanks to gods I've buyed a cd-masterizer... My motherboard got destroyed twice.
      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by C0ckney on 01-11-2001 10:53 AM
        So napoleon 1.2 (which was 3/4 done)

I'd call that the napoleonic curse. Same thing happened to me too a long time ago.
        [This message has been edited by Jay Bee (edited January 11, 2001).]

Comment

I recommend to use a second HD, you can use it for backups. I lost one HD last year, now I have to buy a new one...

Edit: JB has edited his post, so I had to edit the answer
          ------------------
          Civ2000
          [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited January 11, 2001).]
          Blah

Comment

Oh well I'll get back to work on Napoleon ASAP, I'll download it form the Sleague page.

btw has anyone done a GIGA europe yet, as I plan to use it....
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Yes, master on high made one for me for my French European scenario (after Napoleonic Wars). Its a planned scenario, that has barely begun work.

If you want me to send it to you, post here.

Its excellent.
              Please Visit:
              http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

BeBro;

I could not even find that little picture

Cockney:

Bravo on your decision to re-build your scem. I gave it up mine.

Comment

thanks Polaris, could you send it to cockney9@hotmail.com, thanks

Comment

COckney, same thing happened to me. I had to get an entire new motherboard or something, and a new 20 GB harddrive. I lost my massive Nat Turner scenario, which as about 70%-80% finished.

Both of us need to learn to make backups on disc.
                    Please Visit:
                    http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

I'm so paranoid about hard drive failures, I back everything up twice. Once to a second hard drive, and another copy to an zip drive (removable media).

------------------
                      "There is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp."
                      "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                      --

Comment

I wish you luck rebuilding your scenario Cockney.

Polaris, do you think you could send the giga map of Europe to me, too? berliner85@yahoo.com
                        -GeoDan

Comment

I still have a copy of your modification of the Hundred Year's War scenario if you want it.
                          *grumbles about work*

Comment

thanks shadow that would be great, cockney9@hotmail.com

Comment

I suppose I should be more comprehensive with backing up my files too.... Since mine is based on the standart of '96. I wouldn't bear the potential losses!
                              Follow the masses!
                              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Working...
                              X