• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scenario released

http://members.nbci.com/HistCiv2/crises.htm

------------------
    The Historical Civ2 Site
    http://members.nbci.com/HistCiv2/index.htm

"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on" - anon

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
    "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Andrew, I just have downloaded your scn file crisis1.zip, but I can´t unzip it. The Windows Explorer shows it as a normal zip file, but all unzip actions end in a "file corrupt" error...

------------------
    Civ2000
    Blah

Comment

Same here. the first two files won't unzip. The third and fourth are ok.

Comment

Ok, I think there must have been a transmission problem originally, so I have reloaded both of these. The first one is rather important.

------------------
        The Historical Civ2 Site
        http://members.nbci.com/HistCiv2/index.htm

"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on" - anon

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower

Comment

At least on my computer, the crises.htm does not display in Netscape. It does however, show up in Internet Explorer. I thought I would pass this along for anyone else who might have the same problem.

------------------
          "There is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp."
          "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
          --

Comment

Downloaded, unzipped but coudln't play under MPE.

Comment

Andrew, I might try it out sometime soon when I get some time. Looks excellent on your website.
              Please Visit:
              http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

I playtested it and let me just say that it is excellent. Everything from the units to the events to the concepts are absolutely beautiful and great. A must-download for any scenario-lover. This is the highly-anticipated scenario (at least for me) from his WWII worldwide scenario which I also thought was absolutely great. If I may say, I think this may even rival Red Front and Second Front; however, the scenario concepts are different as this scenario isn't all-out war, but it is still excellent.

Xin, I played it on Mutliplayer Gold fine...
                [This message has been edited by Mao (edited November 01, 2000).]
                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Downloaded again, just played the first turns as Europeans. I agree with Mao - it´s GREAT

------------------
                  Civ2000
                  Blah

Comment

A fine scenario, but one thing has been bothering me... who said that quote at the beginning in the game? The one that goes "And just let me say to the globalists, to the internationalists, in Tokyo and New York, and in Paris, when I raise my hand to take that oath of office, your New World Order comes crashing down"?
                    Obviously it must be an american presidential candidate... and a conservative one at that, but who is it?

------------------
                    The strategically impaired,
                    -Cal
                    [This message has been edited by Cal (edited November 01, 2000).]
                    -Cal

Comment

Mao's spotted one error already. Nuclear Missiles are supposed to have the prerequisite "Phy" rather than "Gen". Still, I might add, after reading the same problems in http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum18/HTML/001053.html?12

Well, I'll see if any other problems arise. Like why Xin Yu couldn't play with MPE. I do know that when Evil Capitalist playtested it he asked if I knew that I had the wonder movies on. I hadn't of course, but when I installed the scenario on my flatmates comp all the graphics checkboxes were active and fastpiece slide was off and autosave was on, which was not the setup I had specified. Plus there is another bug with the Find City command, which crashes the game and which I think is a memory problem related to the number of barbarian cities visible on the map. Also the Netscape problem with the site and I had a problem with the Javascript, even though it worked fine locally.

I'd just like to thank my playtesters publicly for their patient and helpful, contrustive feedback and ideas.

Polaris, I'll let you do the next one

Edit: sorry Cal. I was composing this when you posted. The quote is one of Pat Buchanan's. I would have prefered one of George Bush's, but had to take what I could find. I'm surprised this worked for you. It didn't work on my machine, though I knew it should. Another problem of different machines I suppose.
                      [This message has been edited by Andrew Livings (edited November 01, 2000).]

Comment

Oh... thanks, that was my first guess.
                        -Cal

Comment

I don't know, the findcity command works fine for me

Also, I don't think preferences like autosave and fastpiece slide are dictated by the scenario but rather by the player, whatever it was set on the last time you exited the game will probably be the settings the next time IIRC.
                          Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

One thing i miss in this scn are helicopters. I´m not an expert in modern warfare, but I think helis are very important today, especially in those peacekeeping missions.
                            I´d like to see Apaches or Tigers in this scn. I know, all units slot are in use, but I would remove the spy plane (tactical reconnaissance aircraft are often changed versions of fighters) and your AWACS planes are good for strategic recce missions.
                            Hmm, just a thought...

------------------
                            Civ2000
                            Blah

Comment

I want to play . I too can't play under MPE. The game freezes up when the scenario gets to the title graphic.

Comment

Working...
                              X