No announcement yet.

Need opinions on new scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consider using the barbarians for some of the minor states. Hungary, Sweden, Aragon, Egypt and Burgundy might be suitable. They are all well separated from each other, so it should work OK. Putting the Papal States under the HRE makes sense, perhaps also the Teutonic Knights.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

LOL!

I'd love to playtest this when it comes out, but reading about the exact territorial changes makes me reminisce about that Black Adder quote (something about allying with Hungary

-KhanMan of Sayen
      First Minister of Machiavellia
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "Is that a scroll in your toga?"
      -Socrates, "Phaedrus" dialogue, 228e
      Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
      -KhanMan

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys,

just on a couple more things,

Does anyone have pictures of Hungurian, Ploish and Russian soldiers from that time?

also I would very much like to use a couple of Bebro's units from cross and cresent, is this ok BeBro?

------------------
        Windows 98 (windoze) a 32 bit extention of a 16 bit graphical shell for an 8 bit operating system, origalanly coded for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company who can't stand one bit of competition!
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

The Turkish siege of Beograd is on the run to your e-mail, COckney... with a whole bunch of hungarian units in it ! Check out my previous links for other nations...
          [This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited October 18, 2000).]
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

cheers prom

help much appricated as always,

also thanks to the mods for deleting my tripple post (damn my isp)

Things are coming along nicely, about half the units are done (mostly borrowed and modified), and I already have an idea of what the tech tree will look like.
            The terrain is also looking good with new (well heavily modified ) plains and scrub terrain, the forest and grassland are looking good as well (lifted from 100 years war) and also an entirely new farm land terrain, whcih I am rather proud of. I will probably do the city placement next week, and then start the events file, with any luck I should get this scenario finished fairly quickly (famous last words ).

Final notes

Shaka nadur,

I hope you get your waterloo scenario finished, if you need any help, then I would more than happy to oblige.

Jesus,

Oooops I forgot to credit you for those city graphics, I will fix this (along with the 900 other errors you pointed out in V1.1)

Also can I use a couple of your units (slightly modified) for my 1400 scenario?

------------------
            Windows 98 (windoze) a 32 bit extention of a 16 bit graphical shell for an 8 bit operating system, origalanly coded for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company who can't stand one bit of competition!
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Cockney, the C&C units are mostly from earlier times (10-13th century). However, feel free to use them...

------------------
              Civ2000
              Blah

Comment

COckney, I posted an armour collection to you, but your e-mail is full...
                I'll try another time tomorrow...
                See ya, Prom
                "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

sorry about that, I still have your beograd siege in my inbox (thanks for that by the way, I now have some hungurian heavy infanrty )

I will delete some spam to free up space

Thanks Bebro, I am mostly using your siege units whcih didn't change a huge amount in that time (until the cannon was introduced) , and the units are so good as well

------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X