Screenshots from People's Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshots from People's Storm

It's only 50% done, but here is what People's Storm will look like. I want to generate some real excitement about this (maybe get some helpers for units and such ). More to come!

Being able to take Hamburg on the first turn would save you a lot of trouble. Or you could always just avoid it and go around. Either way this will be the first big test of the Soviet armies.

Munich will be the second big challenge. Two armies are to meet on the West of the huge cities. This is where the powerful American units are, and the hilly terrain doesn't make the assault any easier!
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Eternal (edited September 13, 2000).]</font>

Looks good.

I like the little trees dotting the terrain. Makes it look more realistic.

Everything else looks good so far too.

Comment

1. Mind taking you screenshots in "Normal Zoom".

2. Is that a regatta(sp?) next to Kiel?

------------------
      St. Leo
      http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
      http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

St Leo,

1) I will, but for right now since my computer and htis computer don't seem to have the network up between them it is a lot of work to do all that.

2) Not unless it changed to that name since the fall of Communism. There are several cities there and I'm not sure what to call that one. But sure it's Regatta, why not?

Comment

Even though I've got my one scenario project already, I could probably help you with this one

Comment

Well you can draw units or, if you know anything of the period and forces involved, help me with stuff like that.

Comment

"People's Storm"... what event does this depict anyway? An invasion of Europe by Soviet forces in the 50's/60's?

------------------
              -Cal
              The strategically impaired,
              -Cal

Comment

During the 80's actually. However, It would be possible to replace some of the units with older models, adjust values, and it's one set in the 60's.

Comment

This may be a stupid question, but would it be possible for me to test-play this? Thanks in advance.

Who knows, maybe I'll even draw unit or two if I get really excited.
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

There's not going to be playtest for a while because I have so much going on in school and work, but I'll have some time to work on it and when I can finally get it out there you can test.

Comment

2) Not unless it changed to that name since the fall of Communism. There are several cities there and I'm not sure what to call that one. But sure it's Regatta, why not?

Uh, what are those sailboats next to Kiel?

------------------
                      St. Leo
                      http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                      http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I don't know. I was just tinkering with the terrain. I was planning on making one of the ocean resources a fishing boat. I didn't know how to draw it so I took an ancient sailboat from the ancient units compilation, and threw them in. It looks nice though. Even so I might remove it from the final version (if I get around to a final version)

Comment

Working...
                        X